S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend gave me a screw type supercharger out of a 1996 buick park ave ultra and i figured i could get an adapter plate made to fit my 4.3 but i was looking and i think that if i got an intake manifold for a 1996 buick park ave ultra i think it would bolt up does that sound possibal????? if it is then it may be possibal that if u might even be able to use a camaro RS intake u would have more supercharger options but only on screw type superchargers does that sound possibal

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
no it doesn't sound possible in anyway

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
whipple used to, but they stopped a while back, no other company that I know of makes them, the big ones are the vortech, powerdyne and now apparently wynjammer....but those are centrifugal

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
chevykid262 said:
my friend gave me a screw type supercharger out of a 1996 buick park ave ultra and i figured i could get an adapter plate made to fit my 4.3 but i was looking and i think that if i got an intake manifold for a 1996 buick park ave ultra i think it would bolt up does that sound possibal????? if it is then it may be possibal that if u might even be able to use a camaro RS intake u would have more supercharger options but only on screw type superchargers does that sound possibal
Unless it was an aftermarket blower it wasn't a screw type. It was a roots type blower. And if it was an older one, you don't want anything to do with it, an m62 is way way to small for a 4.3. I think the m90's started being installed on the '97 and up 3.8's. The inlet is at the back though, and they are really long, i would look more at a early '90 T-bird.

If you just lay the blower ontop of your intake manifold you should see what problems you will run into. Hood clearence being one, and firewall clearence being the other big one.

The 3.8 manifold won't bolt up to a 4.3 either.

Here is how i am doing the thunderbird blower, with a gm 3.8 snout:
http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4330
Pics only: http://community.webshots.com/album/514271364bIIjHx

Unless you can do the machining yourself it quickly becomes not worth it, as it will cost a fortune to do it right.

Also, if you want more specific advice you should state your year and injection style. You don't have to mount the blower right on top of the engine, you could mount it to the side over a valve cover relocating the alt or getting rid of the a/c compressor if you wanted to.

Don't forget to ask yourself how you are going to fuel it, and tune it. Can't just bolt a blower on and expect it to majicaly work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts