S-10 Forum banner

what do you guys think is better lookin on the front clear lens?

• super white bulbs

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • white LED

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i cant seem to makeup my mind. i got clear lenses in front and i dont know whether to use super white light bulbs or the white LED bulb replacement. i definetely want white light not the orange.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i work right next door to a cop shop, in fact i drive trough thier gas station/garage to get to our employee parking lot. and they dont say a word.

if i dont act like an a**, they wont bother me.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no. just the regular stuff. but i'm planing on a front-end upgrade . i just dont know how to go about. LED or hyperwhites. any body have pics of LED front turn signals?

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
jware187 said:
are clear corners even legal? or are they good to go as long as they have an oarnge bulb?

That seems to be more of a cop perogitive type thing, same as not having a front plate, clear third brake light.. I dunno I am starting to think that they don't follow any laws they just make it up as they go...

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jware187 said:
are clear corners even legal? or are they good to go as long as they have an oarnge bulb?
as far as i know, any alterations to your factory lites are illegal. i know of a ricer who got a ticket for eouro tails. i think its up to the cop if he wants to waste his time on a stupid marker lite, or go bustin' druggies.

like i said if you ack civil, they wont bother you.:D

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
ok...here are the laws, at least for Indiana..
clear corners illegal, unless you have an orange bulbe, and an orange relfector on the front corner

clear 3rd...all cool, as long as you have red bulbs

clear tails...must have red brake light, and red reflectors facing both to the rear and to the side

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have clear corner tail lights with red bulbs in them and your fine the other thing you have to do keep legal is put something red reflective on the rear . I f you look at the new lexus the lights are all clear but they have red reflectors on the bumbper . all I did was put red reflector tap on my plate. I never had a problem at all. for bulbs I Use xenon for my head lights and trust me there bright.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You might be able to get away with it in your town if you know the local cops but what if you drive your tuck somewhere else. I have known guys get pulled over for all kinds of b.s..

·
32,797 Posts
blacksunshine said:
I have clear corner tail lights with red bulbs in them and your fine the other thing you have to do keep legal is put something red reflective on the rear . I f you look at the new lexus the lights are all clear but they have red reflectors on the bumbper . all I did was put red reflector tap on my plate. I never had a problem at all. for bulbs I Use xenon for my head lights and trust me there bright.
The Lexus came that way from the factory, with DOT approved factory installed parts.
Your truck didn't, thus is technically illegal.

Only really matters if you get busted .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts