S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yea ive heard about this but i have never seen it done so id like to know too (honestly i dont remember what the sunbird cluster looks like either lol) so if anybody has pics or info post it!

·
The God of Death
36 Posts
what years of sunbird can this be done with?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I got everything out of my sunbird and in doing so realized you need an electronic speedo sensor input. I guess you have to have a 89 or newer truck unless you want to buy the signal convertor.

I also noticed the cluster was wider than the dash opening on the s10, but I didn't take my s10 apart since I couldn't use it anyway.

My speedo was from an 88 sunbird. The only difference with the picture posted was my speedo only went up to 85.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The pic I posted was actually a Marlboro Syclone. I have been told that is the same cluster that was used in the Sunbird but I haven't seen one to know for sure. I am planing on hiting the bone yards the weekend after Mem. day so I'll do a little research then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The turbo Sunbird was, in fact, the cluster used in the Syclones and Typhoons. They used a set of brackets and a wider housing that held the cluster. It will not fit in a factory S10 cluster. If I remember right, didn't the Sonoma GT's come with the same cluster but without the boost gauge??

Ryan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah the one that was in the Sy/Tys was the same as the turbo sunbird. The only way to do it is to use a peice of the guage shroud(the peice that goes around the guages and sticks out at you) from a Sy/Ty. :thumbdown

·
Registered
161 Posts
so the cluster that is in that pic can be installed in an 89 and up s10 if you use the guage shroud from a syclone or typhoon? does it matter what year on the sys/typ?

·
4x4 S10
25 Posts
Im with diablo. If it does not take that much then can some one explain it in depth. With a parts list...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts