S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Forvm Lurker
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys here's the situation- i'm lookin to get Jayson's 5-link but my mom's all worried that i'm about to drop a grand on something that isnt safe.

If anybody's installed this kit on their own ride, PLEASE post your opinions, good or bad. Like how's it ride and installation difficulty. (this is all bs but it's what she wants to hear).

So if you can help me out i'd appreciate it and you can either post here or send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks. LJ

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Have her call J and talk to him about it :D

I gaurentee you, that it would not be out on the market, if it wasn't safe. And on top of that... just watching jason put it all together and seeing the process in the thread, shows how easy it goes together.

·
Registered
476 Posts
:werd:

Have her call Jason...that's a great idea...

I can tell you the only fault Jason may have with his products is that they are typically an extreme overkill. :D

I used his parts when I built my 4 Link and it has over 15,000 miles on it now...Daily driven on some of the worst roads in Michigan...

I would worry more about the installation job than the parts breaking. If anything goes wrong, it won't be from Jason's parts failing...

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
jasons kit is completely badass. i will probably be installing mine this weekend. i will have plenty of pics of the install.

luis

·
Forvm Lurker
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suicidedoors.com said:
:D

is your mom HOT?!
haha only during the summer...vegas gets to like a 115 degrees, but yeah i told her to call you and i gave her the number, but she also wants to get responses from people who have the kit and whatnot. yeah but i'm workin on her callin you.

·
Forvm Lurker
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLAMnoma95 said:
...everytime i see your name i think it means ANAL SHOX.....
thanks bro :spam: it's all good

so no-one can help me out and just say yeah its the best or anything?

·
SUICIDE: The Only Answer
3,199 Posts
Just tell your mother that compared to the side saddle gas tanks they used to put on full size chevy's, and those little donut spare tires it is the safest thing ever made.....seriously though looking at the pictures on his website it looks to be a very well thought out kit. plus I bet it can do a VICIOUS side to side

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
well im sorry i can't help ya now, im 90% sure im getting this kit but i just need to find someone i trust to weld some notches and do the little task of axle tabs... unfortunately i cant weld :\:twiggss:

·
RFG Customs
758 Posts
I have Jason`s "Weld it your damn self" kit and it went together really good and the parts are very heavy duty.I think the truck is safer now then it was with the two leafs I was running.I drove the truck for about 2 months with it before winter and had zero problems.Hope this helps.

·
Forvm Lurker
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks bro that's what i'm lookin for!

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
I'm hoping to hear more about the 5link myself... My biggest concern is wheelhop. I was looking at the kp 6link but heard way too many stories of bad wheelhop.

Not that i'm going to be pushing all that much HP out of this 4 banger...

Nova, what does the "weld it your damn self" kit consist of... I'm planing on learning to weld this spring and might try that... heck I'ma hafta weld in a notch anyways...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I have the KP 4 link, and don't have any wheel hop on my four banger. the extra two links don't play a role in the wheel hop, so its not really important. The bags play a role, but not the links.

·
RFG Customs
758 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts