S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the topic says...i want to suicide my doors on my 00 dime but i was wondering if it is even possiable with the 3rd door on the extended cab?

can someone help me out or tell me yes or no? any pics of this done would be awesome, thanks :thumbup:

·
currently truckless
507 Posts
ive never seen a 3door s10 with the driver side door suicided.
im sure its possible, you could weld the 3rd door shut and make the front door pivot of off it, or you could make one huge door, but it would weigh a ton and the hinges probly wouldnt support all that weight

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought the 3rd door would need to be welded shut. thanks guys.

·
NO H-body, New Dime
2,526 Posts
I have seen it done at a show!! Looks awesome. The third door was welded inside and out and then the whole thing was reinforced. Looks good but I dont know if I would trust the hindges on a daily driver.

·
laid ten
105 Posts
there is a pic on this site somewhere of a guy who welded the drivers door to the 3rd door so when u open the door it opens both of them,it is ****in awsome and works really good,if i had the link i would show u.

·
Stealth Sierra
8,375 Posts
yeah, why loos the third door, weld the 3rd door and the door together make one big door, that would be awsome.

·
the guy on the couch
123 Posts
02gmczq8 said:
yeah, why loos the third door, weld the 3rd door and the door together make one big door, that would be awsome.
is it just me or does that seem like too much weight on those third door hinges?

·
i <3 my truck
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea..i'm not a big fan of the one huge door. i'd rather just lose the 3rd door if i decide to suicide em.

pluse..why do you need the 3rd door anyway if there is going to be a bangin' system back there anyway!!!

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
I'm in the same situation. I got a 3rd door but want suicides. To be honest, I don't really care about loosing my 3rd door. How much would any of you think this would go for? 3rd door shut, and suicides.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
It would pretty cool if you could keep the third door and still suicide the front door. I like the idea of having the third door when it comes to showing off stereos. I've seen many boxes that have an amp rack built into the side, where when you open the third door you see the amps and stuff. Looks cool as hell. However I think suicide doors look cooler than the stereo setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts