S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4x10’s in the cab corners behind my seat are original and blown. What are you guys doing to replace those? I don’t like the sound of most 4x10 but don’t want to spend a ton of money as this truck’s purpose is for my kids to start driving when they turn 16 here in the near future. I’d like to stick some 4” speakers in there (or at least 6x9’s) but I’m not seeing any adapter plates that are made for the conversion. Hoping one of you fine fellers or fellets May have some insight :)

·
Registered
2003 GMC Sonoma SLS extended cab 4.3L auto 4x4
314 Posts
You might try Crutchfield Audio (Charlottesville, VA), as they seem to have a good reputation for product selection and assistance.

42,008 Posts
I have Kenwoods in there and they been fine for years. That size speaker doesn't handle big power well so most guys go with the plate deal that fits in there with 3 1/2's and a tweet. Plates aren't hard to make, blanks may be available too. Not much else will fit in that spot hence the Crutchfield recommendations.

·
Registered
297 Posts
In my extended cab I used Powerbass 4x10's in the rears, disconnected the door speakers and installed some NVX 4x6 speakers up in the dash. Sounded pretty good for a real budget build.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Kenwoods in there and they been fine for years. That size speaker doesn't handle big power well so most guys go with the plate deal that fits in there with 3 1/2's and a tweet. Plates aren't hard to make, blanks may be available too. Not much else will fit in that spot hence the Crutchfield recommendations.
Sounds reasonable enough. Thanks, man :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts