S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I want to buy new wheels.

I want 17x8 up front and 17x10 in the rear. I may try to rub, I mean squeeze, 17x10.5 in the rear.

I wanted the new Weld EVO Velociti rims. BUT they only make them in 9.5 and not even in 17x9.5

So here's what I need:
-17x8 and 17x10/10.5
-lightweight, for street/strip use
-a good style, similar to the velociti 5 or BoydC blaster/timeless
-price isn't too big of an issue

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i know that Budnik and Intro can custom make wheels. i also know that they are really pricey, but the cool factor of running Budniks or Intos is way high! and seeing as how you are gonna run 17s the price wont be as bad as say 18s or 20s.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much is a lot. $1500, $2000, $3000? If custom wheels are under 2500 I would probably go for it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also what about the weight? I wanted the Weld wheels b/c they are a LOT lighter. I want one wet of wheels to get good track times and for the street.

·
2,186 Posts
mtl_hed said:
How much is a lot. $1500, $2000, $3000? If custom wheels are under 2500 I would probably go for it.
well, i know about Budnik cause i have wanted them for a while now. 17s you could get them for i think 2700 with tires. i would call a local tire and wheel shop and see. if you plan on racing i know youll want hig performance tires. i am gonna get a 18/20 combo that should run up around $4000 with Budnik!:eek:

·
2,186 Posts
almost forgot, all of Budniks wheel orders are not made until you place an order. meaning that they are made FOR YOU. exactly how you want them, even if it is a 20x12 or a 17x10.5, thell do it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The udniks sound like a good idea. All I need to know is wieght comparisons. How do they stack up to the Weld Pro-Star series? I want to get GOOD times at the track and have them look good on the road.

·
2,186 Posts
mtl_hed said:
The udniks sound like a good idea. All I need to know is wieght comparisons. How do they stack up to the Weld Pro-Star series? I want to get GOOD times at the track and have them look good on the road.
i couldnt even tell ya on that one, sorry:( . call a few wheel shops and get their opinions.:idea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts