S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting some input on what I should do to my truck. I really need help on deciding on a color and tires to put on it.
Thanks alot -Mark :)

Attachments

·
Backyard Special
1,344 Posts
what are the current specs and what motor? and what is its current drop?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Turbo and Megasquirt :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Depends on budget

·
Registered
238 Posts
Id lower the back a bit and get at least a coat of semi/flat black primer/sealer.

Maybe relocate the tailgate handle?

Is the truck more of a side project or a daily driver?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its actually my first truck, Im 15 got it about a month ago.
I wanted something I could make my own.
Picked it up for 1K :D
P.S The truck is the same height all around, The tires on the front arnt the correct size. I think I might buy a set of 255/60/R15 BFGoodwrench Radial T/A's. When I get the money :p

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, In that case. You can pick up some 2in blocks for like 20 bucks and sit the rear down nice and sexy.

Then If all the important things like brakes, tires, leaks, wahtever are taken care of I would buy some flat black sealer and give it a fresh look for cheap.

I shaved a few things on my truck in my younger years and then pulled this paintjob off for under 200 in materials.

·
Lazy newb
39 Posts
My thoughts? It appears to already be lowered at least 3" all the way around. Lose the wheels. I've never been a fan of them, especially when people put them on vehicles that they have no business on. If nothing else, black out the silver & get some flat caps if you have to make do. If you are open to buying different wheels, go with some 15-17" rims since this is a daily driver. Find something that defines you.

Since the front end is already blacked out you might as well black out the whole truck & either get clear or black signals & black tails if you can get away with it in your area. Tint the windows to finish the look. When you go black with your truck, do it right. Rattle can black usually looks bad unless done carefully with a lot of wet sanding between coats & black primer fades to a grayish color after a couple of years.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have to say, the truck looks pretty good the way it is. The stance looks great and the staggered rally wheels go well with it.

1. Move the bowtie to the center of the grill
2. Mount 215/65's in front and 275/60's in the back
3. Paint it any color you wish, but black or silver would look good.

I would also like to say two more things.

1. Not everyone likes a truck with saggy-butt.
2. Chevy rallies belong on any rwd Chevy, no matter how much power said Chevy makes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to say, the truck looks pretty good the way it is. The stance looks great and the staggered rally wheels go well with it.

1. Move the bowtie to the center of the grill
2. Mount 215/65's in front and 275/60's in the back
3. Paint it any color you wish, but black or silver would look good.

I would also like to say two more things.

1. Not everyone likes a truck with saggy-butt.
2. Chevy rallies belong on any rwd Chevy, no matter how much power said Chevy makes.
Thanks alot, Tire sizes sound good. and do you think it would look good this color or should I just go black? https://www.dragtimes.com/images/15808-1985-Chevrolet-S10-Pickup.jpg

·
Registered
269 Posts
S-10's look good in any color. You need very straight panels to make black look good though. Other colors will hide minor waves and ripples.

·
Lazy newb
39 Posts
I didn't make the Rally wheel comment because of power. Just saying they are overplayed. They only came as a factory option on cars in the late 60's - mid 70's, but for some reason you see them on everything from early 40's cars all the way through late model S10s & every set is silver with the Derby caps. Where's the originality in that when there are a few different caps available & painting/powdercoating them body color shouldn't be that much of a chore. Just saying.

Kotov, I kind of like that color, but like AK99 said S10s look good in almost any color. It looks like you could get close to that by spraying it GM Black Cherry that they used on the Impala SS.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah, that's understandable about the rallies. Everyone does have the silver/derby combo. On my Impala, I used to have rallies painted body color (frost green) with the flat '67 style caps with fluted spinners bolted to them. Wish I would have kept them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Single cabs look good with a level look... I like a Blue metallic or a teal green... But thats me... Wheels? Find a nice set of Iroc wheels or the 84 vette rallys looks nice too

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
I'd keep the wheels. Switch to the later style one piece grill, and get someone to paint it with Equipment Enamel (Not too glossy, but resistant to chipping, and cheap as hell) You can do white, black, blue, yellow, orange, etc. fairly cheap.

I personally wouldn't go any lower if its a daily. 15" wheels are my favorite. You can buy your front tires new for a decent price, and run used ones on the back and brake torque them until they eventually go bald and $25 will get you a new set.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts