S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a new head unit for my 1998 S-10 ZR2. Please make suggestions as to what you would reccomend.

I don't want to spend more then $350 or so. It has to be able to play MP3 CDs, and support XM radio (if necessary, I can buy the XM tuner later).

I like features!!! I want a display unit that has a visualizer... I really want that (a visualizer, in the terms I am thinking of, is a thing that graphs the responce of the music... WinAmp in Windows has one built in...).

-ee99ee

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon review, I'm leaning towards an Alpine CDA-9813. Anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Just $249.99, too, which is under my budget (a good thing...).

-ee99ee

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i just got a CDA-9805 for christmas, and im impressed and dont even have it hooked up yet!

·
Got V8?
3,263 Posts
ee99ee said:
Upon review, I'm leaning towards an Alpine CDA-9813. Anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Just $249.99, too, which is under my budget (a good thing...).

-ee99ee
I got one. Best thing Ive ever purchased. Its easy of use and multitude of features along with the high quality of Alpine make it the best unit Ive ever owned. Paid $300 shipped.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
my mom has a alpine 9803..works great..i was gonna switch it with my panasonic..but my mom didnt want a screen that has pictures that move..*shrugs*

·
Registered
211 Posts
i'd suggest the Pioneer 7500....it plays MP3s and WMAs and has lots of visualization features and sound tuning and sub/amp control from the headunit. it runs about $350. i have the 6500, and it's awesome but doesn't play MP3s..it's about $260. other than that, i'd go with the Alpine.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P6500 :worship:

·
Registered
453 Posts
my bud has an deh-7500...its a really sweet headunit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Pioneer is so easy to use. anyone can figure them out. i've had two and i'd still get another. i love mine cause i can set the sound stage of my car....i hear the sounds i want and where i want them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
i'll back you up smnw2003. the alpine is the best radio for the price. once you own one u will not own anything else.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I own a Alpine CDA-9811 and I love it. BUT, I am saving up for the Pioneer DEH-7500. If I could, I would keep them both, but I can't, so yea. Maybe I would have liked my Alpine more if I would have got the 9813 or 9815? Oh well. I say, go with either Alpine or Pioneer, their the best.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Alpine 7995

$300 shipped plus free harness, kit and antenna adapter @ Crutchfield. Plus lifetime tech support. :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
honestly, if i didn't have the whole warranty thing with best buy and that's actually how i upgraded a few months ago to my Pioneer 6500, i would have gone over to circuit city and bought the alpine. it's pretty sweet. but i still love pioneer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts