S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ls1 swapped s10 and the trucks chassis has a quarter of a million miles on it. I don't know when then belltech drop leafs were added but I think they might be used and abused. My drop shocks are brand new too.

I can't haul and weight as it bottoms out (not even 300 lbs).

I also have ridiculous amount of wheel hop that I can't even drive my truck spirited at all.

One issue might be that my driveshaft is an inch or two too long and the axle is a little farther then centered in the wheel well.

Any insight?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Compliance!
5,152 Posts
Leafs do reduce your load bearing capabilities as compared to blocks which do not. What shocks did you get? Did you install the leafs? (positive theyre belltech drop leafs?)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leafs do reduce your load bearing capabilities as compared to blocks which do not. What shocks did you get? Did you install the leafs? (positive theyre belltech drop leafs?)
I believe I bought the belltech nitro drop 2 shocks. I didn't install the leafs, but I'm pretty sure they are belltechs. oh and my 88 s10 with the ls1 swap had stock leafs with one leaf remove and no wheel hop.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
My drop leafs were exactly the same way. I would get so much wheel hop I would hit my head on the roof.

That is what led to me 4 linking the truck

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 5'6" so I don't have that issue lol.

I'm probably going to just get stock leafs, throw on some drop blocks and then build my own caltracs. I kind of want more clearance so that I can actually use the truck as a truck.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
i hated my daily driver on belltech leafs. they're way too soft. I went right back to the stock leaf pack (with one leaf pulled) and drop blocks) within 3 weeks.
and IMO the Nitro 2 shocks suck. the SP shocks are awesome. Throw a set of those on the rear and it will stiffen right up for ya. I love mine

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hated my daily driver on belltech leafs. they're way too soft. I went right back to the stock leaf pack (with one leaf pulled) and drop blocks) within 3 weeks.
and IMO the Nitro 2 shocks suck. the SP shocks are awesome. Throw a set of those on the rear and it will stiffen right up for ya. I love mine
I actually have the sp shocks, I had to look it up. It unfortunately didn't make a huge difference.

I just need a set of regular leafs!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a stock set of leafs, will be installing tomorrow once the garage is clear. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the fix.

I also picked up a pair of 305 width rear tires that might help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts