S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yal. I have an 01 standard cab with the bench seat. I installed some Infitity reference 4x6 and 6.5 from crutchfield. I want to stay with infinity stuff(speakers and amp) but I wanted to know if you guys out there have seen a sub box made specificly for the s10. I've seen some systems with just reguler truck boxes stuffed in there. I wanted to do this during the rest of the winter as a project and take time to wire everything right. I will more than likely install an alternator for it as well. Thank your for your input much appreciated.

· Registered
936 Posts
Hey yal. I have an 01 standard cab with the bench seat. I installed some Infitity reference 4x6 and 6.5 from crutchfield. I want to stay with infinity stuff(speakers and amp) but I wanted to know if you guys out there have seen a sub box made specificly for the s10. I've seen some systems with just reguler truck boxes stuffed in there. I wanted to do this during the rest of the winter as a project and take time to wire everything right. I will more than likely install an alternator for it as well. Thank your for your input much appreciated.
Crunchfield used to . Then there's the Craigslist, eBay, etc used search thing.

· Registered
640 Posts
I can't help you with finding a specific sub box for a regular cab S10, but if you have the tools you may want to consider making your own.

I had a cheap 10" box in my first S10 that sounded good, but it was too wide for a second box and amp. I calculated the volume of that box and made two narrow and tall boxes that each matched it's volume and fit them behind the seats, along with an amp sitting between them. I used that setup for years until I removed one of them a couple years ago when I decided to put my jack kit back in behind the passenger seat. The nice thing about a custom box is you can make it to match whatever needs you have. For me that meant adaptability.

Honestly, having owned a regular cab over the years has made me value space, so one of those under the seat ones would be high on my list to consider.

· Registered
4,144 Posts
01 standard cab with the bench seat.
custom made, ill post a pic of my last box
I installed some Infitity reference 4x6 and 6.5
nice drivers, why are you stuck on infinity? just curious as there are way better drivers out there now for same or cheaper
a sub box made specificly for the s10.
there used to be, but not in like 20 years at least. How loud/size of amp, what size woofer, and how much room do you have to spare?
install an alternator for it as well.
zero reason to do this unless it makes you feel better. You really dont need a bigger amp until you start going over 3k rms watts

This box is a center closed/sealed for the 12 inch shallow. on the passenger side is the crossover, and the drivers side is the amp. The way this box was made there was no lost room once the seats were pushed back in their place. once covered in a grey pleather it looked like a million bucks..

If i remade this box today, it would hold two sundown or skar 8s vertically, ported out the bottom, and powered by 1500 watts RMS like a power 1500 amp or similiar.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Trunk Automotive tire

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
custom made, ill post a pic of my last box

nice drivers, why are you stuck on infinity? just curious as there are way better drivers out there now for same or cheaper
there used to be, but not in like 20 years at least. How loud/size of amp, what size woofer, and how much room do you have to spare?
zero reason to do this unless it makes you feel better. You really dont need a bigger amp until you start going over 3k rms watts

This box is a center closed/sealed for the 12 inch shallow. on the passenger side is the crossover, and the drivers side is the amp. The way this box was made there was no lost room once the seats were pushed back in their place. once covered in a grey pleather it looked like a million bucks..

If i remade this box today, it would hold two sundown or skar 8s vertically, ported out the bottom, and powered by 1500 watts RMS like a power 1500 amp or similiar.

View attachment 371869
That box looks amazing. For what space there is behind those seats its perfect. Im not really stuck on infinity i just bought some
Infinity Reference REF-6532IX 6.5 for the doors but running into an issue with taking the door card off. Ive got the manual windows so they make a handle thing that gets the clips out. I tried this but only for about 5 minites. I also bought some
Infinity Reference REF-6432cfx for the 4x6. I thought it would be cool to stay with all infinity stuff for everything but i know there are many diffrent products out there. During Black friday i spent like 50 something on them each. There only like 45 rms each but i do want something like that sub you have. The box you made does it fit 2 shallow or just one? Also how did you run your power wires? Did you need to replace your altinator at all? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts