S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed most "Badass systems" usually consists of subs,amp,ect that you never have heard of... Since I'm redoing my system again for the 5th-6th time, I've noticed alot of mean looking subs but sell for really cheap..Then you got the RF,Kicker,MTX,JL,ect that we know that sound good and have a great reputation but are Mega $$$. So I just have a thought of a sub, that has the same specs,power peaks,db's,ect can be the same or better than subs that are $75/$100 more... Heck my first system was two 10's from wallmart a jensen 500 watt amp and two small truck boxs, and it would bump the heck out of my truck considering that i barly spent $200... But I believe it's mainly how you hook the system up and the encloser. Since then I've had Alpine,Kicker,Pioneer,Polk, and they seem to be good subs but deliever the same sound.... I'm actually thinking about buying some of these "unknown" subs that have a mean look and have outstanding power handling..But on the otherhand they aren't really expensive and maybe sound like a pair of 6x9's...Let here thoughts on this..I think it's more the setup and how the sub is boxed rather than the brand...I've seen some $20-$30 subs pound harder than $200-$300 subs.........

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
a bad install of great equipment makes baby jesus cry
a good install of medicore equipment is alwasy good a good install of great equipemt is an aweosme thign to hear

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
beat everyone with their audiopbahn garbage with a set of JL audio 10w6. You can get them for next to nothing right now, and dont let anyone tell you they arent the best thing out there. The only reason jl isnt selling alot of em anymore is because the cones arent fake carbon fiber and they dont have a huge fake chrome magnet.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
because ive used them forever and am pleased with their performance. Cheap, tight, perfect for any music. You dont end up with a headache in 5 minutes with them. Did i mention they are cheap?

Seriously, ive seen enough people wiht 2000 watts and a pair of 15's that I wouldnt wanna have in my car. I have successfully impressed everyone i know with them. All with their audiobahn, RF, explode...
My freinds truck with w3's wins SPL competitions all the time too...and the W6 is a SQ woofer!.

I dont mean to put down anyone elses stuff...im just sayin from what ive seen, they get my choice.

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liftedbronco said:
because ive used them forever and am pleased with their performance. Cheap, tight, perfect for any music. You dont end up with a headache in 5 minutes with them. Did i mention they are cheap?

Seriously, ive seen enough people wiht 2000 watts and a pair of 15's that I wouldnt wanna have in my car. I have successfully impressed everyone i know with them. All with their audiobahn, RF, explode...
My freinds truck with w3's wins SPL competitions all the time too...and the W6 is a SQ woofer!.

I dont mean to put down anyone elses stuff...im just sayin from what ive seen, they get my choice.
JL are good subs I have heard them before and they really surprised me....What price range are they??? I was looking to spend a couple hundred on two 10's.. Maybe around $150 for two.... Right now I'm considering Infinitys, I can get them for $135 shipped for two. They are rated at 1100 watts peak and nobody around here has them.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
retail the 10W6AE as they are now called go for around 150 apiece retail. If you want to surf ebay, you can usually get them around the $70 range each. The best part is you will have them for life. If you fry one, you can always have a shop send it back to jl and you get a brand new (new insides) woofer for about $70

·
Registered
217 Posts
they dont make the JL 10w6ae any more!?! now they are 10w6v2 and they are like 350 a piece.been there done that.
Mempis Car audio, cheap yes, but quality is great. JL Expensive but quailty was ok. But it all depends on buying the right combo of stuff. that is what it all comes down to. Be ware of stuff on ebay, yes its cheap but pictures may be decieving.
been ripped off a few times. If it sounds to good to be true it normally is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts