S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make a difference which way subs are facing? I'm building a box for my buddy and i'm not sure which way to face the subs. They would either buy facing mostly up or towards the seats. The front of the box has about a 22.5* angle. Right now he has one sub and is facing up but not sure if it sounds best that way.

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea I used to have my subs facin right in to my seat and it sounded great...

·
Peanuts Performance
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive heard that it makes a difference but I would like everyone elses opinion before I install it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
depends.....what is it going in? if it's an SUV....facing the rear window will do good things for it....but up isn't bad either....really just depends on what it's goin in.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
few things to factor in...
1. does he have a sliding rear window? if he does..an upward firing sub will rattle that thing to death, trust me..i've done it.
2. if you fire the sub up..you're losing pressure level into the dash/kick panel area, not a big deal unless he ever wants to get metered. I've found firing the subs forward or at least a 45* angle seems to put out the most volume

·
Registered
196 Posts
i would down fire them , there will be a lot less cancellation and you will get some cabin gain as well . just make sure there is like 4 inches between the sub and the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts