S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
depending on how much room u want to sacrifice, i had a 98 s10 single cab 5 speed and i had a custom box built for 1 15'' sub. i drove fine and i am 6'2 200lbs.

·
Got Art?
8,971 Posts
depending on how much room u want to sacrifice, i had a 98 s10 single cab 5 speed and i had a custom box built for 1 15'' sub. i drove fine and i am 6'2 200lbs.

sweet box, you could have gotten more room without the rear cab brace though, acutaly about 1.5 inches to be exact.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
hows it sound, looks good. looks like u saved some space

·
Registered
128 Posts
It sounds very good. I have a fully amplified mids and highs also and 500 watts to the subs. They are very clear and hit hard enough to lift the wipers off the glass and flex the cab.

·
Holy hangover Batman!!!
296 Posts
Heres mine I just put in 96 reg cab 5spd.

Yeah its a prefab..I know boo! It works for now untill I build a custom for my next setup. Thats a RE10 in a Qlogic size 2 1.0 slot ported @35hz. Had to give up about half my seat movement with it so Im not totaly happy but its still driveable for me. Im havent gotten the amp mounted yet so yes the wires are not cleaned up yet..

·
Registered
128 Posts
close. its actually a sealed box with each sub seperate from the other. I dont know how to edit his pic but put a line about mid way up and seal the subs apart from each other and it fits great. It took excatly one piece of 8x4 3/4 inch plywood and a tube of harder than nails wood glue along with about 2 hours

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a proud owner of a 94' Chevy S10 Ext 4x4. Its red, and i have so much speakers in that thing, that my nieghbor saw them laying on yard, when i was cleaning out back of truck, said that all the audio i have is worth more then the truck, Truth is, The Audio was all cheap stuff, i made work for me. I have a new 12' Just bought it last week, 2 10' subs, And rear 6x9's two of them, And two 5x4's for the front and pass door. I am facing the problem of building enclosures for my audio system, and buying an cheap but reasonable Amp. My 12' Doesnt hit right, It doesnt sound right, something missing. :D
Sides my audio, The 10's hit better then the 12', is that normal or, is it because i dont have amp?

·
Registered
255 Posts
you can always get bucket seats and build a custom center console and sacrifice no leg room, i think one really good ported 12 would sound better than 4 shallow mount sealed tens, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question I own a chevrolet 2000 s10 standard cab not extended cab ok. I been looking at subs many people tell me that 10 in shallows will fit but I do not want shallows I want regular 10 in subs so I was wondering will my 2000 s10 fit 2 10 inch subs i found 2 skar subs I want to put them in my truck will they fit ? I know ill .over the seat up but still wil they fet I need a honest opinion iam serious about this does someone else here own a 2000 s10 that hasx10 in subs in there truck and they can confirm it will fit ? I just wanna make sure I buy the right subs for my truck email me at xxxx.xxx

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,571 Posts
This thread is 12 years old. Please don't revive them. Chances are the op is no longer here. Feel free to start your own thread in the Sound/Security forum.

Here's a link to the Rules. Wouldn't hurt to look them over.

Closed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.