S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 S10 single cab.. Was wondering what kinda of sub and amp I can fit behind the seat ?

·
Kurrupted Kreations
3,837 Posts
depends how much space u wanna give up. Do u want to move ur seats forward any ?

·
I am sofa king we tod did
494 Posts
Two 10"s is the biggest I've seen anyone put in there and still have a decent amount of leg room

·
Registered
100 Posts
You could probably fit a 12" Stereo Integrity Mag V4, only needs 1 cubic foot sealed and is only 5.5" mounting depth. Another option is to wait for the new Stereo Integrity BM 12", will only need .5 cubic feet sealed and only has a 3.5" mounting depth. These are not SPL subs however, their #1 goal is sound quality, but if that is what you want, these will be amazing subs.

·
Press Z or R twice
1,080 Posts
I've got a single cab 97 s10 I have a 600w Sony amp and was running an 8in jl with plenty of room to spare and surprisingly alot of power now I'm testing out a 12in Sony the seat isn't all the way back but its still comfortable and the sub is 6.5in mounting depth in a sealed slim box, I might go back to the jl because it was a better quality sub and 12in is a little too much in my opinion. I still have the jack and I've got some movies behind the seat fort DVD player a gallon of oil some sweatshirts some books and a toolbox so there is plenty of room for a 12in in a sealed box and more to spare.

·
Varides.com
190 Posts
i also have a reg cab s10 and

im definitely going for loudness So I am going to try to build a box that can hold 4 10 inch shallow mount subs. I prefer rockford but Im open to any brand. Im on a budget. Is there a brand that has a decent shallow mount for around $100? Rockford wants 229 for each p3 shallow mount.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have a frist gen single and i have to 12inch Rockford Fosgate p3 slim boxes sound really nice and i can still have my seat all the way back

·
Got Art?
8,971 Posts
the real question is how much room are you willing ot give up and are you willing to cut

i have 2 12s

·
YOU ARE GAY
1,781 Posts
i also have a reg cab s10 and

im definitely going for loudness So I am going to try to build a box that can hold 4 10 inch shallow mount subs. I prefer rockford but Im open to any brand. Im on a budget. Is there a brand that has a decent shallow mount for around $100? Rockford wants 229 for each p3 shallow mount.
go to cartronixplus.com and they have them brand new for for like 100 bucks

·
Got Art?
8,971 Posts
that looks nice. how far do you have to scoot your seats up.
most of the way actually, and its shallower than it was before too, i think i have 2, maybe 3 clicks left. i also had to cut out the rear cab wall brace right under the window and i gained about 1-2 inches

·
Registered
202 Posts
wow i need to make a new box for mine i got a w6 v2d4 in mine and my seat has to be moved a bit forward...

·
LOUD
604 Posts
I had 4 10"s in my 96 reg cab sonoma, it wasnt fun. I was only 2 clicks from allllll the way forward. I didnt have room for the amp back there, so i mounted it on the tranny hump right in the middle (hifonics brutus 1200w)

I would say 2 10"s or 2 12"s (even 4 8"s) sealed with 500w-1000w would be pretty good

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.