S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 2 12" kicker cvt's, this s a reg cab. im looking for around 2-2.5 cubic ft of airspace for each sub. its also a ported box, with 2 4" i.d pvc pipe ports. length i dont no yet because i dont no what frequency i want. i know i want it to hit hard.
the box and console are all one piece so there will be airspace in both.. thats how i plan on get 2.5 max for each sub.. and its made from fiberglass and mdf.
also do i have to put a divider in?

Do you think it will work and sound good?
i am also using 2 alpine digital mrd-m501 amps 550wrms at 2ohms . one amp for each sub.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

might be complicated lol i will also find out the actual air space later on with packing peanuts before i cut the ports to length

·
Now i have my real truck!
3,081 Posts
hey this is what i wanted to do, but i decided that it wouldnt work ur not going to be able to get 4.5 cubic feet out of the box, unless u want to lose some legroom, or u could make the airspace in the center console go farther.

i dont know how deep the cvrs are but u cant put a 10" l7 behind the seat without losing legroom

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Looks like it should work out for ya. You should fiberglass up the center console to look like a big penis then put a sticker on the windshield that says "I got da wang bass"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not using cvr's, i am using cvt's,shallow mounts there depth is like 3.5"
and with just the box alone i can get over 2.5 cubic feet + the console, should be close to 5 cubic ft

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
you won't get 2.5 cubes from a console i don't care how big you make it.

you tell me the dimensions of the console and box. and i will tell you what air space they have

·
3,081 Posts
i dont think so, i have buckets and the center console with the buckets i have u can only make the console 6 in wide and if use 3/4" mdf board thats only 4.5 in. in the inside. do u want to lose seat clicks or not??, and whith that center console that u have drawn up there u wont have any armrest room. 5 cubic feet is alot of space that would be the same as a square box that is 27x20x20 and thats a pretty big box too way to big for s10 unless ur bladehines and can get 6 cubic feet or something like that lol

·
3,081 Posts
and i put some calculations into the wedge calculator if (im just saying i dont know if this will work or not) u made a box behind the seat 50x9in.(on the bottom)x 6in(at the top) x 20in will only give u 3.11 cubic feet and u will lose a pretty good bit of legroom, and the center console box that i was going to make goes almost all the way to the gear shifter and is 6in wide x 13 high x by i think 27in. which will only give u . 76 and u ad that together u only get 3.8 now i know u wan tto make it flare up at th back but ur not going to get another 2 cubic feet from doing that

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
yes, yes i have............well not really i could go higher then the window and add some small boxes to fit inside the cab corners for more room! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts