S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Andrew
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fitting for my grease gun i can buy so i can grease my u joints?? Or should i just grind down the one on there now so it will fit in the joint?

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
i've always run my u-joints dry since grease is just a dirt magnet.
im sorry.... but that makes no sense

anyway.... it depends on which direction the u-joint is put in.... it will fit as least 2 ways that u can get ur grease gun in there, but that doesnt help u now lol....
why not just pop the driveshaft out, grease it and put it back in? itll only take 5 min.

·
Andrew
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i bought a needle injector thing to do my u-joints, but i have a question. There isn't suppose to be a grease fitting on my hanger bearing right?? I greased up my slip joint also and it took like 7 pumps, dont know whether that is good or bad haha.

·
long live italy.
636 Posts
im sorry.... but that makes no sense

anyway.... it depends on which direction the u-joint is put in.... it will fit as least 2 ways that u can get ur grease gun in there, but that doesnt help u now lol....
why not just pop the driveshaft out, grease it and put it back in? itll only take 5 min.
my bad.

makes sense at this shop.

we grease latch arms and booms on Bobcats...then again we don't grease some other things.
Because every damn grain of dirt that blows by it sticks.
some things are better left ungreased!
Especially when the machine works in dirt.
yall do what you want but i just prefer to buy Ujoints without grease zerks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
my bad.

makes sense at this shop.

we grease latch arms and booms on Bobcats...then again we don't grease some other things.
Because every damn grain of dirt that blows by it sticks.
some things are better left ungreased!
Especially when the machine works in dirt.
yall do what you want but i just prefer to buy Ujoints without grease zerks.
oh, ok. Well alot of people prefer them without the zerks b/c the holes required to tap them in weaken the U-joint. They are still greased though, you have to disassemble them to re-grease them.

·
long live italy.
636 Posts
oh, ok. Well alot of people prefer them without the zerks b/c the holes required to tap them in weaken the U-joint. They are still greased though, you have to disassemble them to re-grease them.
oh yeah every now and then i must admit i will drop the driveshaft and pop some caps off and make sure my needle bearings aren't dry!
First time i changed a U-joint and had to torch the nylon glue was a trip though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts