S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to dropping vehicles.....I have a 1996 sonoma "highrider" or zr2......i want to give it probably a 2/3 inch drop or as low as it can be dropped and still fit my 9 inch wide 19's i have for it....so do i buy a kit or flip the axles and do it that way.......just new to this and need some help......?

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
How about this I'll trade you my 95 2wd for your ZR2. lol No offence but the zr2 is built for off road. That would be like taking a vett and lifting it. I can almost mildly understand a reg 4x4 but to me a purpos built 4x4 seems asinine to drop. Sell it and buy a nice 2wd. You will easily then have enough money left over to slam that shit.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
monkeymouse said:
How about this I'll trade you my 95 2wd for your ZR2. lol No offence but the zr2 is built for off road. That would be like taking a vett and lifting it. I can almost mildly understand a reg 4x4 but to me a purpos built 4x4 seems asinine to drop. Sell it and buy a nice 2wd. You will easily then have enough money left over to slam that shit.
:werd: dont drop a beautiful zr2. i love those trucks and yeah it would be a lot cheaper to just trade it in and get you a 2wd. do that unless you love your baby like i do and would NEVER trade it in. but i have a 2wd with 20s. they are 8.5" wide so you shouldnt have any problem if you do decide to lower it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i live in alaska where the roads are ice 5 months out of the year......I need a 4wd vehicle

·
Registered
81 Posts
so either jack it up leave it alone or buy a subaru lol man it just seems wrong to drop a 4X4 hell im lifting my 2WD blazer lol besides with a 2 inch drop it would pretty much look like a stock s-10 you wont be happy and it also puts irregular ware on ur front driveshafts

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
how bout you all just answer his god damn question...he asked for HELP not OPINIONS

anyways you could probably crank the t-bar or get the belltech keys and blocks out back...hell i think it can be possible to do both a t-bar crank and drop keys for lots of front drop but not sure how well it rides/holds up

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Even if your to drop that Zr2 2-3" youll then just be sitting as high as a stock 4x4 and that hight is goofy lookin to me, either higher or lower. I honestly feel it should be a law that you can not drop a 4x4 lol. But yeah I guess you could get your rear leafts dearched and get some drop keys, but boy thats a shame to do that to a ZR2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dude irregardless of the opinion/help matter. you are a complete idiot for even wanting to drop anything. have you seen the roads in the 907 lately man? they are shitty. i used to be n wasilla. i went to colony. and i know the roads arent any better n the SOHI area. its just a retarded idea that guy was right you should be lookin in the liftin' it area.

·
TuckinXtreme
233 Posts
mrgq said:
dude irregardless of the opinion/help matter. you are a complete idiot for even wanting to drop anything. have you seen the roads in the 907 lately man? they are shitty. i used to be n wasilla. i went to colony. and i know the roads arent any better n the SOHI area. its just a retarded idea that guy was right you should be lookin in the liftin' it area.

anyway who asked you

slam it....if you want too....but most of the lift on the ZR2 is the tires...they are almost factory ride height....there is a few guys around here with 4x4's as low as some the 2wds....

go for it...if you have dreams they can be attained...like no one told me i couldnt daily drive an s10 with 20's and a 5/6 drop....well 25,000 miles later says i can....

·
Registered
19 Posts
oh my bad just giving my 2 cents but hey i guess you should know how the roads are in alaska since your in virginia good call man, keep it up the work you tool

·
TuckinXtreme
233 Posts
mrgq said:
oh my bad just giving my 2 cents but hey i guess you should know how the roads are in alaska since your in virginia good call man, keep it up the work you tool
Well i was not tryin to start a flame war here....but i will try to keep this civil....the reason i said that was because you did nothing to help him.....you didnt answer his question nor give him any insight about his question..but yet bashed him because of what he wants to do to his truck because of where he lives.....so who cares if the roads where he lives looks like the moons surface....if he wants to lower his truck...thats his PERSONAL truck...that he bought and paid for.....now with that being said.....i never said i knew how the roads are in alaska...and i figure they are pretty bad...but its HIS truck not yours...

i guess some people in alaska cant read either....seeing as how you said Virginia...and i positively live in WEST Virginia......so who is the tool now??? :dunce:

and as always....i will keep up the good work.....

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
well holy useless shit in this thread. Some of u dick lickers should answers questions and not give opinions.

Since the ZR2 is higher then a reg 4x4 as mentioned above the 2/3 will bring it just to bout stock or a lil below stock. Now you have 2 options or wait 3 options

1) keep the zr2 the way it is
2) sell it for a reg 4x4 and drop it
3) find a 4x4 frame, convert it to awd and have a party

The good thing about the zr2 is it has the wider track...yay

also to whoever said the roads are bad should be smacked. That's the lamest excuse for not dropping a vehicle i've ever heard in my life....yes i drove a 5/6 through the winter in new england and loved every minute of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts