S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes.........I know nothing about bags. All i know is i want to bag the ass end only for now. I just finished my blowthrough and do NOT want to take it out again...got it in very nice,and perfected the look. Question: Do I HAVE to take the bed OFF to get some bags under there and C-notch, or just leave it on but it would be a BEEEEOTCH of an install? If so, forget it:chomp:

·
I drive a bike-cycle
358 Posts
Depends on good you are...there might be a kit out there that you wont have to remove bed, but for a c-notch I am not sure...you will have to ask a pro

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awwww.........I thought everyone was a pro at s10forum..*sarcasm* It's just that everytime I look at pics of a baggin' in progress I see the bed off...Plus my blowthrough ends at EXACTLY where the bed should be cut for clearance...I have alot of patience if I want something enough, if there IS a kit i'll swoop it up.

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
dude the bed takes exactly two guys to lift and 12 bolts (8 hold it on 3 hold the gas filler and one for the taillight ground) and one wire connector...............take it off and it will make life a hell of a lot easier when you get into that sh it :sawzall:

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know it's not hard to take the bed off. It's just that it's in the garage for the winter and i'm looking for a way to get bags in there and not have to take the bed off because of my finished blowthrough, i'm just saying I don't want to redo the blowthrough a third time, that's all. Sad to say, I have NO ONE to help me, I do all my sh*it myself, friends weren't around after highschool in 97, when I say no one I mean 0. But if i had to take the bed off it can't weigh more then 200 - 300 lbs. I can deadlift more then that but i don't want to phuck the bed up because no ones on the other side to catch it lol. put on your s#*t kickers and kick some S#*t House Of Pain...nice

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Well, there's no way to get a bolt on kit on the truck without removing the bed. A weld-on kit is possible, as well as a c-notch, but you will have to find a place for the bags, like in a lever type setup, or behind the axle would be possible without removing the bed. It can be done, it is just not easy at all, unless you have a lift, then it'll be a lil easier.

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sh*t I don't suppose they come with directions lol. I wonder how much I would have to fork over for someone with a shop to do it. I just figured since it's winter, I could do SOME of the work myself. I'm not so sure about baggin the front yet, I'd like to keep my 4x4 in tact(not sure why exactly because I don't do winter driving in the first place). I'll figure something out, thanks for the advice and link.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
this is why i made my blowthru removable...
why cant you take the box out... got any pix of the install. my box has ample room for the bed to be cut. i have the box and then my co2 bottle and then the hole for the bed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts