S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
P.O.S-Truck Customs
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today from NAPA and I'm cruisin about 55mph and the next thing I see is the hood on the windshield and nothing else except broken glass.

Part of the latch broke and BAMM, anyone else ever had this happen or heard of a recall for certain latch mechanisms?

Needless to say I was freakin out and instinct kicked in to keep it straight and pull over as soon as I could, and then find a ride home, but the only thing I could find was a guy with straps to hold it down for the trip home.

Anyone else ever had this happen?
How much will a new hood/windshield cost (with paint)?

THANKS, truckin

·
Registered
355 Posts
dang do0d that didnt sound to fun. i know the window is gonna be a pretty penny but dont know exact pricing diff areas and shops charge diff prices. got any pics of the damage and what exactly on the latch broke ? as for hood since stock didnt seem to work out for you go with a goodmark cowl induction gonna run you a bit more but definatly wont flip on you agian. or can go the cheap route and prolly scavage one off eBay for about $80-$120 or so for a used hood.

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Lol, we were ****in around with my friend so much one day that we pissed him off to the point he just had to jett. I popped his hood, but didnt unlatch it and completely forgot about it. Well, he took off REALY fast, he has a camaro, and down the street we hear...ffffftt, CRACK!! skkeerrrrrrr, bam, WHAT THE ****!!!!!! We all died laughing on the ground for an hour! Its ok, we stole the windsheild off another car.....

SKeTchy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts