S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
also if you turn it to cold cold air will come out or if you turn it to hot hot wir will . you dont have to have th vents on jus select the temp so to speak

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, you turn it to cold and hot air still comes out of the bottom vents when you shut everything off. I like riding w/o the ac and the windows down. ..gives me more of a chance to laugh out loud at mustangs etc.. ;)lol.

I can even be driving w/ my adidas flippers on or even barefoot and they would get pretty hot from the air. So I just leave it on vent and be done w/ it.

D

·
0 Posts
hmmm .. well maybe its just mind then .. with my ac off and my selecter turn to cold some cool air comes in and if my selector is on hot hot air comes in ..

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
dancinxtreme said:
hmmm .. well maybe its just mind then .. with my ac off and my selecter turn to cold some cool air comes in and if my selector is on hot hot air comes in ..
on the newer trucks they took care of that problem.

D

·
0 Posts
minds 00 i dont mind it though. whine the windows down and have cool air blowing on the feet keeps cab cool while windows are down

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
dancinxtreme said:
minds 00 i dont mind it though. whine the windows down and have cool air blowing on the feet keeps cab cool while windows are down
yes but with the older trucks we dont get heater HOT air we get warm air from engine compartment. The intake vent for fresh air is located where it pulls hot air from engine compartment.

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread b4 I posted mine... This sucks, your telling me all S-10's are like this? Mine is a 99 and I cant believe that they came like this from the factory.. The inside of my truck is hotter than it is outside with all the windows down, and in cali thats F'ing hot.. This is BS and lame.. Guess I'll shove some old jeans in the duct like I had b4. In this respect, CHEVY SUCKS.

:bash:

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
how about a ram intake to force cold air on your feet!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
how about a ram intake to force cold air on your feet!

ah that might just work. or maybe one of them cowl pieces for there so its not pickin up the engine compartment air.

K

·
0 Posts
the seals in your heater box could be bad also....but it is normal for a steady amout of air to enter the compartment

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
lets not forget those lovely vacuum motors

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Its a 99, how do seals go bad in 3 years? Nothing else is wrong w. it. I'd think if those seals were bad my doors would be leaking also.

K

·
0 Posts
they are only ****ty foam seals with double stick tape on them....the door could not be closing properly due to the foam coming loose and jaming the door open...i work in the automotive industry i have seen it before

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 98, and the 4.3 runs very hot, so sometimes they make my feet toasty, but up here in Reno winters i wont mind it so much, if i even drive my ZQ8 up here... its my baby, no salt is attacking it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts