S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this. I got a dent in the side of my truck from my friends door. So I take it up to this shop in PA to get a quote. Its gonna cost 256 bux and its only like a quarter size dent. He said he has to take the paint off and everything to get a dent out. Does this sound right to you guys?

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
that sux...i have a dent on my bed and they wanted like $300 to fix the dent and repaint

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
no its junk, take it to a paintless dent place the will for like 50-60 bucks if the paint is not messed up.

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
I have the "ding king" and it sucks....i have also gone to the paintless dent repair and the dent was not in in their ability to fix

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
wase of time, might as well hotglue your nutz to the car and pull, let a pro go at it

·
Registered
27 Posts
we have a paintless dent remover guy come to our dealership to fix dents and that guy works wonders, i would defintally explore that option. I think he charges 50 for the first dent and 20 for each one after.

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I dont like the idea that he is taking my paint off that is brand new anyways. He said he has to take the pinstripe off too. I think Im gonna look around to find one of these paintless dent removers. Does anyone know of any around Balt MD?

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
The paintless dent repair around here is called DENT WIZARD, dont know if its a nationwide name but look them up. He usually charged $50 for a quarter size dent, I had him pull like 4 out of my truck, costed me $200 but now my truck is almost dentless.

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
chris21014 said:
Yeah I dont like the idea that he is taking my paint off that is brand new anyways. He said he has to take the pinstripe off too. I think Im gonna look around to find one of these paintless dent removers. Does anyone know of any around Balt MD?
the reason for this price is because they have to sand it down, pop the dent or fill with bondo, then sand it then repaint that area

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
97S10SS said:
The paintless dent repair around here is called DENT WIZARD, dont know if its a nationwide name but look them up. He usually charged $50 for a quarter size dent, I had him pull like 4 out of my truck, costed me $200 but now my truck is almost dentless.
Thanks man Ill have to check it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I work at a body shop and know what they do to remove the dent. They don't remove all the paint, they just remove the paint around the dent. After they remove the paint they pull the dent, then they do body filler, glaze, prime, guidcoat, sand, then wet sand the whole area. If the dent is in your door they don't just paint were the dent is they will paint the whole door. The reason they do this is because if they just paint the damaged area you will have what looks like a ring around the area, that is from the clear coat, that is why they take the clear coat all the way to the egde.

You can look and see if you can find a paintless dent repair person to do it, but be carefull. Try and find someone who has a good name for doing good work. I know there are some paintless dent repair places that will make even more of a mess out of your dent. When that happens and you decide you want it fixed by the body shop now, they will sometimes charge you more because now they have to fix someone else's mess on top of the dent.

Just look around there are good paintless dent repair places out there you just have to be carefull who you take it to.

·
Registered
403 Posts
In Mid- Michigan I have seen 3 companys that do that kind of work paintless dent removers. I can only think of one name which is colortime, They charge dealers $45.00 per car no matter how many dings or dents. I have watch them do it several times, I would like to try it sometime on a junk car to see if I could do it.
Some people are better then others , it is an art form.
I would be willing to pay them 3 times what a body shop would charge just to keep from breaking the factory or custom paint.

·
0 -> 60 in 4.6....minutes
182 Posts
i could use some help too...

I got a dent in the side of my bed a while back and to REALLY fix it was more than $450 at one place I looked, dent wizard was around $80, but again it's a dent that he couldn't have completely fixed. Then a few nights ago I noticed two more dents on the driver's side of my rollpan and right above that. Anyone know of a GOOD body shop in my area who won't try to screw me with a pineapple..?? Thanks.
oh yeah, it's a '03 xtreme x-cab and i was thinking about shaving the tailgate too, please let the suggestions flow
i like :spam:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts