S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just got a nice present....kinda. Alpine CDM-9803. only problem is i need a 9805. this isnt knocking any of you guys who might work at Circuit City, but how hard is it to look at a box with 9803 and distingish it from one that says 9805? My mom knows nothing bout HU's and she didnt see the difference in the one i pointed out and the one she got till i explained it, but she even told the guy she needed a 9805 - i had it written on a sheet the guy looked at! Also, their "free install" isnt free - it was $35 on the receipt. Now i gotta brave the crowds tomorrow and return the damned wrong HU, because the dumbasses are more concerned about selling anything than selling the right thing. sux we dont have any good private audio shops around here...sorry guys, just had to vent, Phase I of the install is already screwed up...next, i bet the MDF sheet blows off the truck when im coming home...

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Try Barricks in Charleston, its off of kanawha blvd, they do good work..Also there is a place in Kanawha City that sales/installs stereos, its at the Kanawha Mall, i think the name of it is Pied Pipers...Hope that helps!

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are they located in respect to the capitol building? being as im going to be assembling my system primarily at school, it would be a lot easier to have a local place fix any screwups i make, insteadof having to make a trip home on the weekend (5 hour drive).

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Pied Piper would be your best bet, they sell everything from Pianos to Stereo equipment, they also install..To get to Barricks when you get off of the capitol exit, just go all the way to the end of the street turn right onto Kanawha Blvd till you get to the Holiday Inn, Barricks is a few lights up from there on your right, you cant miss there building...

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what brands do they sell? im looking for DEI, in particular.

·
Registered
746 Posts
dude, save the cash and install the damn HU yourself.....did you not see those links i posted with the wiring harness AND dash kit for your car? :slap:

:p

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
MuddyS10 said:
what brands do they sell? im looking for DEI, in particular.
I know they sell Viper, so thats a DEI product...And they can probally get just about anything you want..

·
Registered
133 Posts
dude, yeah free install doesnt include the parts, which is the 35 bucks they charged for the mountin kit, wiring harness and GM antenna adapter.

·
12,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found out today they put the $35 on there because they subtract that from the price of the HU, so the install it free. there is NO way i feel myself qualified to rip into the dash of the Altima. the S-10, yes, easy, but im not going to try and do it myeslf and break something important.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts