S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this yet? I see it on the website but the info that they give doesn't tell too much. Can I use it with my factory Xtreme Front airdam or do I have to use the Envoy bumper? What else is involved, it looks really great, but what the hell???:confused: I need a new front end anyway...

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i did a similar swap, but i didnt use their kit. i pieced it together from GM. you can use your S-10 bumper and air dam, but you will have a very noticable gap between your bumper and headlights. and as for using the Xtreme air dam, no dice:( the envoy bumper is a urythane cover tha goes over an impact bar (GM fancy word for ugly bumper that stays out of sight). stick with the envoy cover. i am gonna take some pics of my truck and post them soon i hope!
good luck!:drinkhaha

ah ha! i have the pic up, check it out.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1845

·
Need MO POWER
17 Posts
mighty mouse, looking forward to your pics. IM buying the bumper this weekend from GM for my 99 sonoma. how big is the gap ? Gm say it should fit perfectly if i change the bumper brakets using the one off the envoy. keep us posted

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really just want the headlights. I might change the front bumper to something totally custom anyway so it doesn't matter. Can you just get the headlights from GM or do you need a special harness?:confused:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
to use the envoy's lights, you will have to use a noma front end as well. due to the difference in the grill shells. those lights are probably about $1000 for the set if i remember correctly. i might be wrong on the price tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts