S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i need any info you may have.... my buddy has a 97 chrysler sebring he's been wanting to put on cylinders, well anyway the other day he went to the local wheel shop where they are now doing bag installs (not necesserily a place i'd trust with my truck) they were apparantly bagging a dodge caravan (wtf?) with these bags he said looked like sleeve bags but slid over the exsisting strut, sounds kinda like a cheap version of a shockwave, but just a bag that uses the stock strut... but anyway these sleeve-strut bag things are what they where using on all 4 corners, and he said they'd work on his car as well, and he'd give him a deal on the parts..... i dunno guys, i've never dealt with bagging a car, but does this sound funky to you? or are these things good? i've never even heard of them.... i just dont want him f*cking up his car

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
this is a picture of a front air strut for a honda civic.. they don't go over the existing strut, they replace it.. i am sure this is what he saw.

·
Hell Yeah I Drag!!
865 Posts
Thats not what he is talking about.

No they are shit they are from a company called universal air. There is a thunderbird here in ontario that has them and he has nothing but problems. **** the bags and get cylinders. Three wheel that shit. Devious customs did a sebring that hops. Contact them and see what setup they used.

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
why? the struts i pictured will ride better, and last longer than any cylinder.

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
i strongely disagree with that... why is a air strut any worse than an airbag?

·
Registered
143 Posts
well, I know the strut bags will last a lot longer than cylinders, also I think they ride a tad bit better, so I agree with you they are probably a better choice. I've got them on my cavalier. But the reason I would'nt have em again, is because on most cars that use the strut bags, they dont go down no where near as far than it would with cylinders, and after a while, it just gets old settin your ride down and the back tux but the front looks like your gettin ready to go 4-wheelin....lol

·
Just BAG IT!
1,963 Posts
that is very stupid, i can't really tell much about it but it looks pathetic ... but don't dog every air strut because of that piece of crap. The Airlift struts are very high quality and actually work.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah what he saw was more like what byondsic posted, they where definitely not the airlift struts. the only difference is the one he was describing where sleeves, not bellowed. also, what problems was the guy you know having??

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
kyzer said:
since this topic is being discussed...where can i find air cylinders? couldnt find them on gauge..and im not sure if larry will have them or not..
I can get smc and parker cylinders. They are not cheap... but they also are not disposable. rebuild kits are available.

Last year, or maybe even the year before, I got a pair of universal air bags as a demo. I looked them over, checked em out pretty good... Laughed and sold them on ebay...
To be fair, I never did use them, and I have seen some people on blazinlow that like them. I don't know if they used them, or not, but they like them :D

Dan, if your friend is serious, email me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a friend that has them, the suck pretty much. If you gonna do strut bags, buy the whole strut bag assembly. I like cylinders better cause you can dogleg, but the strut bags ride better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts