S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, i know there's a lot of stroker posts out there and all the responses ive had tell you to get the 2500 dollar kit thats online. Well, i didn't want to buy a billet aluminum crank for 1300 bucks so i started searching for possible options. Came up with some 6 inch rods and some flat top low clearance pistons. The crank problem was harder. The stock crank (according to GM) can handle up to 500 ponies. Well i thought that was doubtful and i didn't want to put money in a motor to have the stock crank screw up.

Long story shorter - I found a local machine shop that uses 4.3 motors in their forklifts and have steel cranks. They are going to get one of those and i think that should be able to handle whatever horsepower i can achieve. Let me know if you see any flaws to that plan or not. The Crank is like4-500 bones. Thanks in advance.

Atrus

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
is that stronger than a forged crank? i know thats about the strongest out there, but dont know how they compare.

·
FWD's suck
1,745 Posts
all cranks are steel you just have to find out if they are cast, forged or billet. if the crank is cast its no sense in buying it since thats what the 4.3's come with stock, you would just be wasting $500.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What are you planning to do ? I have an brand new forged oddfire crank ( stock stroke ) and you could use any V8 rod you want ( same rod journal as 350 crank ) . This crnk will handle anything you throw to it , the block would break before this crank . PM me if interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts