S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
headlight strobes.
who's installed them, and do you have any pictures of the install? If so it would be helpfull

·
Registered
893 Posts
I install em, you can install em....its easy. But first what kind...most anything will 'work' but i preffer Street Glow, lifetime warranty and fast. You will have to drill into you headlight housing to insert the strobe. Follow the wiring diagram and instructions and your done. Any more questions?

·
4-Door Blazin'
81 Posts
I installed mine myself with no drilling....it depends on your lights but its not too hard at all....

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i know there illegal, its not gonna stop me.
but the cops cant give you a ticket for it if your stopped in a parking lot and not moving anywhere with them on. etc etc etc

·
RIP U.S.A. 7/4/1776-11/3/
1,040 Posts
there is no way strobes can be illegal in parking lots. even if they were the cops would have to see you then call the property owners and they would have to press charges. parking lots are sombodys private property that you be like you not turning them on when you are in your garage. the most that would happen is a cop would come tell you that you can't have them on on public roads. then you just tell him you know and to **** off

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
in most states, strobes are illegal in parking lots, within a certain distance from the road, facing oncoming traffic...I know, I've been warned, but then again my strobes are bright, you can see them about 1/2 a mile away...

·
Registered
455 Posts
street glow is win.......picked mine up the other day.....they are in my parking lights in the innermost light bucket.......you will have to drill a 1/2" hole in the light........wiring is easy.....you may need to go buy more wire and clips/connectors and shiot.......i used a wire from the + side of the battery and ran it to the ash tray place and to the + side of a switch.....got my ground off of the cig. lighter and connected and ran everything.....

wires going to strobes are hidden between the plastic grilll thing and behind the headlights......box is attached on the radiator support in front of the airbox and behind the drivers side head light.....

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
Blazin95GMC said:
i dont think strobes are legal in any state for that matter, i dont know bout the whole parking lot thing....if you want real good strobes, get the ones the police cars have, those are heavy duty ones and are really bright.
dont be cheap with strobes...get the real stuff...drillin the one inch hole and all i got a 8 pack 150 watt kit from whelen...they are better then the cop ones...and i dont care what anyone says ....if u aint a cop they are illegal...very illegal they will just wait for your ass to leave the private lot and your on the road and pull your ass over and then ticket u or impound your car... not fun

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
470 Posts
Something else you could do would be cheap, but VERY effective is hook up your highbeams to a flasher and a switch...

·
Just add dirt!
121 Posts
hey guys thought I would add my 2 cents in smile I build police cars for a living and yes the Whalen strobes are one of the best strobe you can buy, All the police down here use Whalen strobes. Now you are not allowed to have a clear strobe flashing from the front or the back of you car or truck, you can have amber color strobe flashing from all angles of your truck thought and you are not allowed to have a head light flasher in your headlights or tails But we all do what we want any way. :p later

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
Do you guys drive with these on???

I think if you do that no matter whre you are your looking for a ticket...

I have 3 pairs of Exterior ones that I'm putting in the head and tail lights and a couple of pairs that I'm puttin in the interior, but mine will not be used on the street only to be used at Shows and such....

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
my rommie is a cop so I got a set out of a wrecked po po car. I got a 6 pack with 4 front 2 rear and not nice.
Some dick in a x5 shot past me on a non passing road the other night and needless to say, seconds later he was on the brakes as I turned onto my road!

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
forgot to say I also got a wig wag pack from my roomie. It does a double flash right, double left, single right ,single left.single right ,single left. and then repeats. Cool to add with the strobes

·
Registered
274 Posts
How do I get the strobes in my 95 headlights? They are glass!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts