S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what size the street scene fog lights are.....i want to go and get those so i have them when the truck gets out of the body shop

·
Registered
287 Posts
it all depends on what tpye of valance you have, you can also check them out in truckin magazine and they have different size lights.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHO HAS THE BEST DEALS ON FOG LIGHTS??????????

·
Registered
287 Posts
no clue, i bought mine for like 50-60 bones, so if there is anything more than that, dont go for it. i bought mine at a performance accessorie store where i live so i dont know what you can do realy other than just look at some websites and i am sure you wont have any problem finding any of those

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you install them yourself and if so what it hard

·
Registered
287 Posts
haha, funny you ask, i have had mine for about 7 months now and they are still in the box. to have them installed at a shop, it should run around 40 bones, and the only reason i haven't done it myself is that i cant decipher the directions on the box. but people say it isn't that hard if you understand wiring, and that the only thing that might be difficult is finding a way to have the switch connect inside of the truck. so i mean go for it either way, if you can figure it out great, if not ask a friend or just take it to a shop and they will have it done in under an hour.

·
Need LSx swap.....
4,300 Posts
its a piece of cake to install fogs. Disconnect the battery! First, get a three prong switch, and then put it in a place in the cab. Find a hot you want to use (parking lights, headlights, etc), then splice the power into that wire. At the other end of your power wire, connect that to the power prong on your switch. Now youll want to run a wire from the fogs themselves to the switch. Lastly, ground the switch and the fogs, if necessary. Piece of cake man.

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
The wiring is the easy part. The hard part is figuring out a good way to mount the lights in your bumper. I tried to fabricate a bracket, but it just wasn't going to work, so my lights are just attached to the plastic of the valance

Thomas
SLO, CA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts