S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Actually a Ford guy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I’ve been getting a noise every time I open up the throttle. It sounds like a large hissing sounds and I can’t figure out what it is. Before the noise happened, I ran a bit low on coolant and on that day my thermostat just didn’t open so it pegged the temp. I replaced the hoses, thermostat, and coolant. Everything runs fine now but that noise is new. I don’t have the ear of experience so I can’t begin to guess what it could be. I have the 4.3 in a 95.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
562 Posts
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. Recheck all the vacuum lines you worked around and see if one came off or cracked due to heat.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
Check that brake booster line also.

·
Actually a Ford guy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Good news. It fixed itself. Yesterday when driving down the highway, I went to pass a truck pulling a trailer and I essentially floored it. Since the issue was causing loss of power, I had to. But in the middle of passing him, the noise stopped and my power came back simultaneously. Just instantly, like that the issue was fixed. I still have no idea what was causing it but with how it fixed itself, I have an idea. I feel like there was a blockage of some sort in my exhaust system and it was causing massive amounts of back pressure. Any more ideas? Thank you all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts