S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Texan by Marriage
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Picture this: Parked, pulled into a parking spot next to a full size (any make/model). The full size starts backing out, and turns to the right a bit too far, swinging their front end too far to the left. The back edge of their front bumper scrapes the rear quarter panel on the pass. side, then catches the bumper and pulls it down.

I can try and smooth out the q/p myself, but how in the world do I straighten out a bumper? I thought about putting my floor jack under it and jacking it up, but I think I would end up lifting the whole truck and not just the bumper.

Would the easier way be to just by a new one and bolt it on? I'm hesitant to do this because my bumpers are body-colored and I don't have painting equipment. I thought about going chrome on both front and back with customs, but I don't know where to buy them or how much they would cost - and no, I do not want a roll pan, I don't like them. There are a few trucks out there that have sucessfully pulled off the roll pan look, but as a general rule they don't appeal to me. I want a bumper, the beefier, the better - my first truck was a 1973 GMC 1500 4x4 with a nice big Mack Truck rusted bumper on the front, with a snow plow mount hanging out over it. People tended to avoid me on the road :D

So, can I fix mine, or can you point me to a big bumper web site?

thanks!
-sloe

·
More Go then Show
1,176 Posts
personaly i'd be to lazy to try and fix it. i would just go get one at a yard.

·
Texan by Marriage
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rbryant4 said:
roll pan?
sloe said:
- and no, I do not want a roll pan, I don't like them. There are a few trucks out there that have sucessfully pulled off the roll pan look, but as a general rule they don't appeal to me. I want a bumper, the beefier, the better
i've been searching for bumpers all afternoon, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. help?

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Sometimes you can find a good deal on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts