S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of replacing my frontend with a stright axle. If anyone has ever done this can I get some tips on what to expect.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
Id reccomend talking to mark Hall, he is the man at doing SFA swaps. hes done 2 that i know of so far. I believe his email is stil

[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you are still wanting some info on a Strait Axle swap you can take a look at some pics of

My Blazer

feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions :thumbup:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey dipple..

I went to your page and the first thing I noticed was you have slightly different axle ratios from front to rear. 4.88 and 4.86. I always thought that would screw up something with tires trying to go at a different rate. Or does it just not matter since they are so close?

·
Registered
20 Posts
the .02 in ratio does not affect anything. When we set up our trucks for running the dunes we usually want the front axle ratio just slightly less then the rear but, I just tried to set them as close as I could.

Keep in mind whay you are doing with your 4x4. Rock crawlers will tell you that you must have exactly the same ratio and they are correct.

This truck only sees 4x4 action on the sand dunes of Silver Lake and the occasional trips through the MUD.

Mostly I am building this truck for show and the Sand. I live for running the dunes and since I have a wife & kids I need something that I can drive to and from the dunes as well as on the dunes.

Hope this sheds some light.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
wanna trade?

·
Registered
20 Posts
tempting but, I think I'll have to pass.

Thanks;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts