S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if retaining the stock bilstein shocks fromt he ZQ8 package will be ok to run with a 5/6 drop? Ive heard it is possible and if so i dont want to drop 100 bucks or so on shocks if i dont have to. but if i have to then its ok.

:werd: Eric

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
just run them till they blow up!
I've run stock shocks on a 3" drop before no problems.
Wait i just saw your sig and it says you have a zq8 plus a 2/3 drop, so which is it? ZQ8+2/3 drop or a 5/6 drop? It would be a lot easier to answer after knowing that.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right now i have the ZQ8 +2/3 BUT i am wanting to go with a 5/6

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i think that a 5/6 with the v8 you are wanting to do might be too much. you'll be hitting skid plate and exhaust header(s) over bumps all day like i do with my 4cyl. and i have a friend with a 6 inch rear drop with bilsteins and i haven't heard any complaints.

·
Registered
7 Posts
whats up guys well i have had my truck lowered 6/7 since september of 01 and i still have my original bilstein shocks front and back on it! and they are fine! i actually put diffrent shocks on the back and it was bad so i put the bilstein 's back on! no oil leakin from them or anything! bushings still good and all! when they go then ill spend the money! why waste it save it and put it somewhere else!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts