S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm gettin some ghetto steel rims this winter so i can take my 17's off, i got rid of my stock wheels in a trade deal, lol, and i cant remember the width of the stock rim and the stock tire size, they are 15x7's? with like a 205/65/15 on them, i need some info quick it's gonna snow this week, ahh! Thanks for any info.

Nathan:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
have you notched the back of your truck yet?

i have a 5.5 7 and have 25 inch tall tires in front. if you dont want to rub in front go wit a 205 60 15 because thats like 24.8 inches tall the 205 65 15 are 25.6 that will hit at times a 205 65 15 will work out though

id get some 15x7 front 4 inch bs and 205 60 15 and rear 15x8 with 4.5 bs and 295 50 15 that will work out perfect

tony

the 205 75 15 will rub like hell

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
205/75/15

Yea i had the stock wheels on for about a year before i got rims, they do rub alot but i took those bolts out of the top of the wheel wells so the tires wont get chewed up, plus i can 205/75/15 cheaper than the others, hey i got a quick question, someone that i work with has a brand new set of rally rims for an older camaro with caps and trim rings, i am buying them for 50 bucks! these will work on my truck right?? Just wondering, even if they dont i can probably sell them for more anyway, let me know, thanks.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Backspacing

98 SS ON NOS said:
THEY WILL fit but what is the backspacing on the rims?
That i have no idea yet, im sure it will be similar, how do i measure the back spacing, put a flat ruler or stick across the back of the wheel and measure from were it bolts up back?? Let me know, and what should it be or be close to??

Nathan:)

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked them out

The backspacing is 4.5 on a 7 inch rim, there might be a little rubbing up front but its not like my 17's dont rub anyway, another question, these rims come with the abnoxious lookin center caps that stick out real far, and the trim rings, is there anyway that i can get some of those smoothie caps to fit, do they make them for these rims?? Thanks for the info again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts