S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM PISSED!!! These 4.3's are ROTTEN! I run one of my good friends that owns a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 Speed. And he busted my ass by 2 cars! It makes me want to cry!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!! I can't believe how sorry these 4.3's are! ****TY. Mine is a 2001 Xtreme 4.3 Standard Cab Auto w/3.42 Posi, Intake, Exhaust, 3 Inch Drop. ANYWAYS, I STILL cant believe that I got my ass kicked that bad! What's up with these S10's? I LOST TO A V6 FORD MUSTANG!!!!!! I'm so upset that I'm seriously thinking about putting a FOR SALE sign on the S10

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
must of been one of those cold days in hell

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Bo_Duke said:
IM PISSED!!! These 4.3's are ROTTEN! I run one of my good friends that owns a 2000 V6 Mustang 5 Speed. And he busted my ass by 2 cars! It makes me want to cry!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!! I can't believe how sorry these 4.3's are! ****TY. Mine is a 2001 Xtreme 4.3 Standard Cab Auto w/3.42 Posi, Intake, Exhaust, 3 Inch Drop. ANYWAYS, I STILL cant believe that I got my ass kicked that bad! What's up with these S10's? I LOST TO A V6 FORD MUSTANG!!!!!! I'm so upset that I'm seriously thinking about putting a FOR SALE sign on the S10
was the stang stock??

the 5 sp is gonna get a bit more power than an auto...

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
u sure its stock cause when my truck was stock it would walk a 5speed or auto and i have 308s

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
weird....a 10 hp difference stock(actually less since you mod'd) doesn't equate to 2 lengths, even with a 5 speed since I sure the stang is heavier, by a few hundred pounds at least.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
The only Stang that I have ever been beaten by was at the track. But its alright cause he was runnin 12's!!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dude, somethin is wrong here cause my 4.3 whopped ass on a v6 mustang and a v6 firebird, the day i got it and all it had was a flowmaster exhaust system. now i eat them like there is no tomorrow!

·
1,088 Posts
y2k had a point last night....maybe he forgot to mention his mother was in the car with him.....we're just hopin he has some kinda excuse for it

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
I have raced the following V6 vehicles, Ranger, Dakota, Camaro, Firebird, Couger,Mustang,Malibu,and a Blazer and havent lost a race yet or even been close. And im still a bone stock 4.3..

·
32,797 Posts
Either you're a suck-as$ driver,
or you're truck isn't running healthy,
or you're a Ford guy coming here coming here to try to start sh!t (notice low-post count)

I've beat tons of stock and modded V6 Mustangs with a stock 2dr Blazer. I've driven a couple of them myself, they feel slower than a S10's V6.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know for a fact that the 5spd V6 Mustangs are faster!

Here's the facts straight up

V6 Mustang 5spd weighs 3023
My S10 weighs 3410 with full tank and without me in it! And I weigh only 160

Trucks are about as aerodynamic as a box.

99-up Mustangs have 10 more horses than S10

The Mustang 5spd specs are 15.7 in a 1/4 mile
5spd S10 is 16.2
Automatic S10 is 16.8

I would love to switch out my auto for a 5spd but its too much trouble and $$$ just to get close to a V6 Mustang, plain and simple, the 4.3's arent what they are all made out to be. And I'm disapointed with my 2001 S10

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
> STOCK V6 Mustang Handed me my ASS!!!!!

Do keep in mind that these are 99-up V6 Mustangs that I'm talking about

·
32,797 Posts
Re: I know for a fact that the 5spd V6 Mustangs are faster!

Bo_Duke said:
Here's the facts straight up

V6 Mustang 5spd weighs 3023
My S10 weighs 3410 with full tank and without me in it! And I weigh only 160

Trucks are about as aerodynamic as a box.

99-up Mustangs have 10 more horses than S10

The Mustang 5spd specs are 15.7 in a 1/4 mile
5spd S10 is 16.2
Automatic S10 is 16.8

Usually when people start posting facts,

Those facts don't mean anything----real life experience does.
More people here have beat those Mustangs than have lost to them.

I know that the V6 Mustangs are slower. How do I know? I had to drive 2 of them for work. I had them for a month.I drove them to their limits too. They suck. I don't want to be seen driving one, because they are considered "b!tch cars". Yolu laugh at a guy driving a V6 Mustang. And my brother bought one, he traded in a month later because it was slower than he thought, not to mention all the hell he got from his friends and family for buying it.

Guys on this site are shooting for V8 Mustangs, they don't even sweat the V6s.

and if you know how, you can drive your auto just as quick as a maneul.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Re: Re: I know for a fact that the 5spd V6 Mustangs are faster!

96blazer said:

Usually when people start posting facts,

Those facts don't mean anything----real life experience does.
More people here have beat those Mustangs than have lost to them.

I know that the V6 Mustangs are slower. How do I know? I had to drive 2 of them for work. I had them for a month.I drove them to their limits too. They suck. I don't want to be seen driving one, because they are considered "b!tch cars". Yolu laugh at a guy driving a V6 Mustang. And my brother bought one, he traded in a month later because it was slower than he thought, not to mention all the hell he got from his friends and family for buying it.

Guys on this site are shooting for V8 Mustangs, they don't even sweat the V6s.

and if you know how, you can drive your auto just as quick as a maneul.

well put!:thumbup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok then, I have smoked 98-earlier V6 Mustangs. YES them OLDER Mustangs are SLOWER. BUT what the 99-UP Mustangs, Look me and the other guy kicked it at 25 MPH, both kicked at the same time. Mine wasnt in Drive, it was in Low-1, And then I put it up to drive right after we kicked. We kicked at the same time, he pulled me nearly 2 cars. His is pretty much BONE STOCK, just a flowmaster. Mine has a flowmaster and K&N cold air. SO nuff SAID. 99-up V6 Mustangs are faster. As much as I hate to admit it. And if anyone knows of a way to make my 4L60E auto tranny faster than the S10 5spd tranny, TELL ME

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
maybe ur truck just doesnt like u or the mustang guy has a little more than what he is sayin like a chip and/or a hypertech powerprogrammer totally undetectable stuff from lookin at the engine shoot with all the stuff i have if i just open my hood all people think i have is a intake and a tb spacer

·
1,088 Posts
just for my own understanding i went out yesterday and made it a point to race a 5sp '99+ mustang and i just don't understand how you figure these things are so fast...........this one didn't how an exhaust or anything else that i could tell.......i just don't understand what yer problem was

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
just for my own understanding i went out yesterday and made it a point to race a 5sp '99+ mustang and i just don't understand how you figure these things are so fast...........this one didn't how an exhaust or anything else that i could tell.......i just don't understand what yer problem was
no chit...I kick those things all day long...I haven't even had one come close to out running me...I have had better races with a ranger.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.