S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
slow and low
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 00 xtreme, stock 16" wheels, and stock ride height and im looking to get new tires...does anyone have any suggestions?
... im looking to go as wide as i can without rubbing............

·
Registered
66 Posts
The widest you can go is 275 with a stock X wheel. Keep in mind though if you go that wide on the front your gonna rape your ball joints in no time. I went with 235/55 all around, BFG Traction T/A's

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have 245/50/16 front and 255/50/16 in the rear on my zq8 with 2/3 drop with no rubbing at all. These tires are pretty wide and they hold the road very well. If it interests you the tires I have are Falken Ziex ZE512. They were only like 70 or 80 a piece and I didn't pay shipping (Discounttire.com).

·
Registered
325 Posts
The widest you can go is 275 with a stock X wheel. Keep in mind though if you go that wide on the front your gonna rape your ball joints in no time. I went with 235/55 all around, BFG Traction T/A's

So 275 in the rear would be more than ok.

·
Registered
257 Posts
falken ziex 512 is a nice tire. i am also running them on my 02 blazer xtreme in stock 235/60/16. they hadle pretty well for how heavy it is.been running them for about 8,000 miles now and they still have plenty of life in them. my truck hits the front of the framerail if fully clocked . gm was great for not checking steering clearances when assembling these trucks. some trucks hit,some dont.so you wont know how it will be till you mount them. i am also at stock xtreme hieght

·
Registered
928 Posts
I would stay with the stock size ... 235/55 : If you want alot of grip and money is no option make sure you get a tire with a low treadwear rating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts