S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I pull the dash apart... Is there any chance the stock in dash 6 disc has preamp outputs on it???

Thanks,
Bryan
http://intricatelines.com

Attachments

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
still does not mean that you can not huck up an amp to it just use the high level inputs and it will work just fine

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I splice into the speaker outs ? Also, does anyone know the size of the Dash and Door Speakers in a 02' S10 Xtreme- Ext. Cab,,,,,

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dash = 4x6
Door = 6.5s (aka 6.75")

You can get a LOC (line out converter); which is way better than using high level IMO. Just be sure to get a decent one, the cheaper ones really show their quality.

Best bet for a LOC is to tap into the rear speakers. I put one in my girls car today. Worked out well. :D

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
SlimX said:
Dash = 4x6
Door = 6.5s (aka 6.75")

You can get a LOC (line out converter); which is way better than using high level IMO. Just be sure to get a decent one, the cheaper ones really show their quality.

Best bet for a LOC is to tap into the rear speakers. I put one in my girls car today. Worked out well. :D
(SlimX) is right the LOC is the best way to go. Also look for the ALPINE one it's IMO the best one on the market. :bowtie:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I use the LOC does it cut out use of the Speaker(s) or cause crackling? Does it splice right in? I don't want to replace the OEM speakers yet... but will in the near future. You mentioned Rear speakers- I've got a 02' S10 Xtreme Extended Cab.... there are no rear speakers.... (that I've noticed)...

Thanks,
Bryan

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh... ok-- so this LOC has RCA's?? And what about Blue Wire Off ON??

Thanks, B

·
Registered
63 Posts
LOC converts high level to low level (best for amps). Best bet IMO would be to grab the wires behind the radio. You can tap into the speaker wires, and the 12v switched for your remote wire. :smoke:

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK cooo' thank you Slim!

·
Registered
51 Posts
the alpine loc how much $$$ we talking about also i have the indash with rds it has a aux input I'm pretty sure for CD changers ect. Shouldn't it have a remote line for a changer? Also phote got some pics of your truck i have an 02 white blazer x also I'm i would love to see how 18's look on it. You wouldn't by chance have pics of the 18 b4 the drop also would ya?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dj_pizzim said:
i have the indash with rds it has a aux input I'm pretty sure for CD changers ect. Shouldn't it have a remote line for a changer?
Any ideas on what wire to tap for the remote im sure there is one in there any ideas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.