S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we put in the new radiator there were to oil lines that ran along the side of the engine on the driver side going into the radiator. My guess was that it was an oil cooler for the engine. I have a 5spd so I dont think it was for the tranny and it looked like engine oil. The be-cool radiator didnt have the fittings for the lines so we connected the lines together so it circulates back in. I was planning on running the lines to a regular oil cooler so they can be in use again.

Is this ok? The truck has been running fine how it is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You don't need the oil cooler this time of year anyway, especially not in Milwaukee.

As long as whatever you used to connect the two lines together will hold up with hot pressurized oil in it, it will be ok. Just don't try to stretch out your oil change interval too far.

If you decide not to get a new oil cooler, you can get the standard oil filter mount which will eliminate the lines. I did that on a TBI 350 engine and I noticed an increase in oil pressure after changing to the standard oil filter adapter.

If you drive hard or carry heavy loads I would add an aftermarket oil cooler in front of the radiator before summer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts