S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I put a K&N filtercharger in the stock box, felt a little bit different......but what can I do to bypass that **** thing that goes around the fan shroud?? How would I make a new pocket if I went and got something like that flexible tuning, for the temperature sensor....

What other kind of free mods can I do to this truck?? I want some more power, but I have no money this month due to insurance and payments and such....what kind of free mods can I make

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, if I cut out a couple holes in the bottom of the stock box, it would theoretically draw colder air right???

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, if I cut out a couple holes in the bottom of the stock box, it would theoretically draw colder air right???

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would leave the airbox alone for two reasons: right alongside the box is the radiator and drilling holes would only suck in hot air from around that. A better bet would be to remove the airbox get an open element (k&n style) cone filter, and attach it directly to the end of the stock tubing. If possible try to build a box enclosing the filter but leave the front open to draw air from behind the headlights. The second reason for saving the stock airbox intact is that it might come in handy should you ever decide to seel your truck. As for the air silencer you're talking about (the thing that goes down next to the fan shroud) , remove the hose clamp holding it on and weasel it out from under the radiator hose. Then simply replace it with the lid from a normal can of spray paint. Be sure to use a hose clamp for that as well. Any more questions you can e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So wait, take out the thing on the fan shroud and just do what??? what do you put a spray can lid on??? How does the engine get its air without that silencer??? What runs to the airbox??

·
Registered
49 Posts
The air silencer comes off of the rest of the air intake tubing .Ok lets try this. As you look down at the whole intake tract there's an elbow at the left side of the fan shroud that goes up to the box attached to the throttle body. Under that elbow is the air silencer which is just a tube going down to a small baffle. This is there to make the engine quieter and nothing else. But we don't care about quiet right? Just more power. So once you remove it there will be a small fitting coming out of the intake tubing under that elbow. simply hose clamp a spray paint can lid onto it . The rest of the air intake will continue to work normally .

·
Registered
49 Posts
If this is too confusing call my shop Extreme Customs & Fabrications at 1-410-446-7781 and i'll explain it over the phone.

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
is this for the 2.2 motor? Im looking for a silencer on my 4.3 and im not seeing anything.

·
Wide Stance Ownz Joo
31 Posts
oh oops, i didnt realize this was in the 4banger forum til now. I used the search feature to find this topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts