S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason or another, my dump valve sticks every 5th hit or so. it really sucks to, the other day, i aired up the front some goin down the interstate, i was crossin a bridge at about 80mph and it got doin the boat thing (rythem of a boat hittin waves...) and so i aired it up to stop it, and when i went to let the front down some...bam, dump valve stuck open and i was draggin the front like hell........ the people behind me freaked and slammed on breaks....i had a nice distance from my tailgate to the next car after that... oops. anyways, i took apart my switch box to make sure my connections were good, looked at my valve wiring and it all looked good. im wondering what cause this? i have single pole push buttons from radio shack. (2 buttons for front, 2 for back, ones fill, ones dump, button only controls one function). anyways, im not really sure what to check for next, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
do you have SMC's? If so, do you have a fitting with short piece of hose on the the dump valve? How cold is it? How much pressure are you running?
Answer these ?s and we'll narrow it down.
later

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i have smc's (10mm or 3\8) its between 35 and 55 depending on time of day, its happened in all temps. im running about 150-160psi. 10 gal tank. when you say short piece of hose on dump valve, are you talking about after the dump valve? i have just teh open side of the dump valve and about 4 inchs of hose from my tee to the dump. are you suggesting i just run two fittings from tee to dump and "dump" that short piece of hose??

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
On your valve, one side is marked "IN" or somethin like that, thats what size the air is blowed into, of course.. put some airline on the other side.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, does anyones else have that? will that slow the dump down any? (it really doesnt matter)

what affect does that have, more back pressure on the valve making it shut better?

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
some valves require back pressure to stay closed. that might be why the valve is sticking. try what these guys suggested and see if it works.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, will do. just wondering why its never done it until now, like a month and ahalf after its been bagged. never any trouble before. just seems odd.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yea, what they said sounds good, check valves also do the trick, although they do slow down da system

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Once the valves have had a chance to get broken in, so to speak, they are more prone to this unless they have something to create turbulance after the valve, like a reducing fitting, or fitting with some airline on it. No it will not affect the speed of the drop unless you reduce it to 1/4"

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the 10mm are the only ones that need the short piece of hose. The 15mm don't need it.
later

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
It wouldn't matter, back pressure (or forward pressure for those of you whom prefer to call it that) applies to it no matter what size it is.

·
Rocker layin member
233 Posts
Take the valve apart to make sure it is clean. I had one that was sticking earlier this summer. I finally noticed that it was missing the little pen spring was missing. Since you can't buy just the spring, I had to make one out of a pen spring wrapped around an allen wrench. Sounds ghetto, but it hasn't stuck since.

You might also want to think about getting some damn shocks.

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
thats why u dont drive 80mph with ur mini over a bridge

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
noobie? ive had my mini for 2 years now
sorry but i go about 50 over bridges because shit happens like that if ur not carefull

especially if u know that ur valve sticks

****in newb jesus every forum u goto there is always some one callin someone else a newb

apparently ur the noob if u dont know how to drive ur mini

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey buddy i didnt come here for driving lessons, and i didnt come for a friggin argument, i love this forum, and wow a whole 2 years. thats great man, im on four and im sure there are guys on this forum that have been doin this a LOT longer then both of us together. i shouldnt have to go 50 over a bridge because of "crap". i want my stuff to be done right, everything on my truck i did myself, not too many people can say that. motor swap, paint, audio, bodywork, bags, ect. I want my truck to perform perfect, the only way im gonna find out is by driving it like it should be driven. And yes, the first time around, everything isnt perfect, but thats how I learn. sorry if i dont drive like you, or other people. i found the info i was lookin for so thanks guys.

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
well then dont drive it like an idiot and tear it up dude
im not argueing with me
dont call me a ****in newb

1st metallic gunmetal s-10 my ass

but dude if u drive it hard its gonna break
ull learn that the hard way

and ive done everything that i can do on mine myself
i dont have the money to motor swap it
my 2.2 is fine with me
audio is a cake walk

take my advice and drive ur minitruck slow
not fast like a race car

if u want fast get a rice burner and sell ur mini

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Help or don't post. This is a the technical part of the forum. you want to argue take it to the flame forum.
I have the same valves and i want to know if that's gonna happen to mine after a while and i would like to know how to fix it without having to read endless reply's on people telling others how to drive their own truck.
let's keep it nice boys! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts