S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get that off without scraping the door panel? I was going to start matting up my front door panels today (since it stopped raining), I took off my door panels and when I went to take the plastic off, the weird black sticky stuff (there was MORE than enough) was almost melted to the point where it seemed like tar. Anyone know an effective way to getting it off? Trying to work smarter not harder.

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
try Goo Gone? i hate that black shit though.. it gets on you and smears and stains clothes and shit..

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
That or maybe some light heat would let it come off easier. Just a guess, never had to take that stuff off before.

·
Registered
146 Posts
heat it up is you best bet

·
Wocka Wocka
366 Posts
Carb cleaner! Just a suggestion but that shit takes everything off.

·
1 slo S
79 Posts
heat it with a heat gun and slowly pull it off. If you get it just right it will come off in one piece. If it is already smeared good luck that stuff is nasty.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heat it with a heat gun and slowly pull it off. If you get it just right it will come off in one piece. If it is already smeared good luck that stuff is nasty.
it's somewhat half and half. looks like it could come off in one piece to extent, then it's looks all globbed on like tar. :rant: Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts