Let me start by saying I know I am not a regular user here. And no I did not make a purchase from an ad or deal on this forum. I did however pay someone, who frequently posts on this forum, who stole my $. I would like to prevent anyone else from getting scammed by him.
The user's name is SteveHHYou can click the name for his user profile.
My issue with this guy is that he was selling .380 ammo on a forum BersaTalk.com. I contacted him via PM and he said he would ship 7 boxes of WWB .380 ammo for $100. This sounded like a good deal so I sent him a USPS money order in the amount of $100. I will list the events in chronological order to show how this guy has screwed me out of my money and creates one lie after another.
- $100 money order sent to Steve Hasbrouck of Levittown, PA.
- $100 money order is cashed by Steve Hasbrouck at a Fulton Bank
- Around this date I contact Steve via PM on BersaTalk.com and inquire of the status. He says he has not received my money order. I contact him a week later and he still claims that he has not received my money order. BersaTalk.com changes their Forum code to a different format and access to the old forum is restricted so I was unable to pull the PM conversations from there. Steve does not register on the new site so I have no form of contact for him. I search the internet for him and discover his email address. I also track him down to this forum. I later file an inquiry with the USPS on the status of my money order.
- I receive the result of my inquiry with the USPS on the money order.
- I contact Steve via AIM chat and ask what the status of my ammo is. He initially claims he sent it, and that I should take it up with UPS. Once I inform him that is his responsibility he changes his story. He claims that he received my money order but the envelope was "all ripped up and shredded". But the scan of the money order shows it to be in perfect condition. How can an evelope be so damaged without the contents being damaged? He claims he will send me some new ammo when it comes in if he can't get it sorted out with his "shipping company that he uses".
- I contact Steve via PM on this forum as did not see him on AIM after our initial chat nor had I heard from him. He ignores my PM and replies to threads on this forum.
- I send another PM to Steve requesting he just refund my $100 and give a deadline of 10/16/09 to comply. He finally responds and claims he does not have the $100 and that the people at his shipping company do not have the tracking information and he did not keep records of it either. Steve claims he can send some Glaser Silver Saftey slugs in the mean time. He states he has to take care of his family first.
This sparks off a lot of PMs back and forth. I will post those in another post. Over the past few months he has sent me two $10 checks. Each with a signed note stating that he would pay me back the rest later. I have been watching his posts here and have seen that he has no problem spending money on parts for his truck or other luxury items. When I question him about it he claims someone else bought it for him or whatever lie he comes up with at the time.
The bottom line is this. I have come to accept that I will not see the rest of my money. This jerk has lied to me countless times and is nothing more than a scammer who was stringing me along to keep me from taking action. I am posting this to prevent someone else from being scammed by this loser.