S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Clean good with wire brush and brake cleaner or carb cleaner.

Attachments

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 Front callipers

Tape off really well to prevent over spray to areas not intended.

Attachments

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
dam dude...that's freakin sweet!!:D:D:D

i got myself a project for spring now...LOL

need more info on what to tape, and where to put tape on calipers tho..thanks

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i used 2 pieces of cardboard and cut 6 inch half circles in each. The cardboard pieces go on the top and bottom of each wheel. The rear was pretty easy not much to tape off.

The front callipers were alittle more time consuming. I got some thinner cardboard that was more bending and got a pair of scissors and cut it out to fit in the places i didnt want to get paint on. I used just regular masking tape. The easiest way to clean is with a power drill and wire brush.

And i didnt use a clearcoat but they do make one for high temperature applications. I didnt think they would need a clearcoat, but i do have 8 coats of paint on each corner.

Very simple process just time consuming to let the paint dry properly.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
aight i used just ordinary brake cleaner, some bug and gunk cleaner, a drill with wirebrush,and a can of red hightemp engine block paint. All materials excluding the drill will cost about 8 dollars

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i used cardboard on all wheels to prevent any over spray

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
db machine said:
yeah i used cardboard on all wheels to prevent any over spray
sorry, i shoulda said that diferently...

did you put cardboard between the rotor and pads, or just around the caliper.....if you put underneath, how did you do it?

(i'll look tomorrow, gotta get to bed..lol)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
watch yourself with carb or brake cleaner near your paint job...I have first hand experience with it. Takes off everything. Clear coat, paint and primer...not a pretty site at all...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I was told to use a paper plate to go over the brake disc, then cut the hole for the caliper, then paint. Less tape maybe??? Whatever, just to let you know.

DogP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts