S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let see pics of how everyone did there steps. I'm doing another truck and cant decide how i want to do the filler plates on it. I like to have a picture in my mind to work with. So if you have pics or links post them plz.

heres mine on the long bed before it was finshed but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
looks really good, how did you bend the ends to make it go over the floor? also can you still put the weather stripping back on where you filled it in?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
do you have anymore pics of the bed and floor and the truck itself? I think it would help me greatly in my process.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LoW_1 said:
looks really good, how did you bend the ends to make it go over the floor? also can you still put the weather stripping back on where you filled it in?
It wasn't bent, i only cut and welded, had to cut exactly right on and be good with a tape measure for the filler plates. No I wont be able to get weather strippin back in along the bottom how i did it, I did want stripping. Its going to be smoothed out and painted to match the truck. The truck wont be drove in the rain so i'm not consired about water along the bottom. Have you ever seen Tatoo's s10 on SSM? It was also in MT, pink first gen..well i'm going to make my step look like his does.

Yes, the seat is quite comfy. :thumbsup:

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Low 1 what do you want to see? i have some pics, the bed is now full with my interior to my blazer cause i'm now bodydropping it but i'll glady so you what i have... Hit me up on aim if you have it volkl193

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
tech tip for you. i did my originally step like you, and how i put the seal on by the step was like this took a razor blade and carefully cut away the pinch wilt area of it, then glued the remaining piece on with 3m weatherstripping and trunk gasket adhesive. hope this helps.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
sorry to be ignorant, but what weather stripping are you guys talking about? the one at the bottom?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
yeah the door seal weather stripping, because without that you may as well not have a door, because it will cause a major draft.

But yeah I want to see pics of your firewall (where you cut and how you filled), your back of the cab, your frame horns and all the stuff like that. Because right now I'm taking a break from my b/d, lol just seconds ago I finished gusseting my frame horns, cutting the cab, and marking the firewall for my final cuts.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shitty pic, i cut is the same spot that slammy did on that second gen. I cut the rear of the cab couple inchs above where those indentations on the back of the cab start. I'll have more pics soon, my long bed is buried in my parents garage in xmas shit the interior from my blazer. I'll take lots of pics of the blazer, i'm going to start cuttin tonight hopefully have it dropped wednesday.

Attachments

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Flux-core represent, lol just kidding, thats what I'm using as well on my b/d. So basicly the firewall is just a bunch of peicing together, the back cab on mine I just cut it about an inch above the back took 3.5" out and dropped it and let that extra inch bend back, when I have the majority of it welded in I'm going to pop-rivet that lip on to the already welded setion, extra structure I guess.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
lol, beer is beer, after two or three it all tastes the same...

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't afford good beer, it would cost me like 15 bucks a night rather then 6 for busch or pabst. I drink good stuff maybe once a month, no point of drinkin it if you not drinkin it for taste, i'm drinkin it to get drunk. but anyway back to teh topic.

I used flux on the frame and like 10% of the sheet metal its too damn hot and slows down the process havin to wait for it to cool. I would recommend using gas on the sheet metal werk, .23 or .25 wire. thats what i'm using on my blazer..way cleaner and moe betta.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
hey clean and low,another tech tip, on the front frame horns weld a piece tubing between them before you cut them off that way when you weld them back on the side to side spacing is already set. plus you can use the floor jack to hold them up. excuse me if you already know this trick.
on the topic of beer, it could be natural light.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I kinda like Natural Ice....

I welded a piece of 2x2 in between my frame horns after I cut and welded them, I would have before but I didnt have it.

Damn I need to get a gas conversion kit because all I have right now is .030 flux.... anyone wanna donate??? j/k

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
You are going to have problems when you try to put your front end back together, you should have cut your frame horns as flush with the steering box as possible.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts