S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Started this discussion just to see some of the cool wheels you guys are using. The s10 wheel is kinda boring and would like to swap it out for something else. Would like to see some wheels from different cars but aftermarket setups would be cool too. Drop some pics off too 馃槑馃憤

Been there Done it
Aftermarkets don't have airbags and you insurance company might use that as an excuse to not pay a claim.
What year? 99 I'd guess?
Do a search on here. There have been posts about Escalade or similar wheels (with clock spring) on the later 2nd gens.

If you have the plastic wheel a simple uprgrade to a leather wrapped GM wheel is an improvement. The same leather wheel is used on most nicer GM trucks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I dont really worry about the airbag. My truck isnt daily driven and I cant get insurance anyway lol. I have a wheel from a 5th gen camaro ss. What could I do to bolt that one on?

8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
It won鈥檛. The newer GM vehicles have a slightly different spline set up...they actually pull right off with the center but removed,unlike our trucks where ya need a puller.

the new guy
I second a leather wrapped wheel. I got mine from an s10 jimmy or bravadA and it feel a lot better and looks good (compared to the stock plastic wheel)

Registered
09 Bravada if I remember right. Not perfect but for $15 I like it. Leather with radio controls. Doesn't look that worn in person.

time to get cereal
To me the truck wheels feel just like that... truck wheels. I put a Pontiac Trans Sport wheel on my 2001 because it was free, feels 100% better.

Been there Done it
When I replaced the wheel on my ZR2 with a dry leather one from a Blazer that had been in the yard a couple years I drowned it with Mequires Gold Class Rich Leather conditioner. Used an old toothbrush to make sure it got into all the nooks and crannies. It now looks like new and is not slippery.

Registered
Here is the one on my 94. this is an older photo from when i was redoing my floor on the driver side, so don't mind my audio wires all over they're hidden under the carpet now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts