S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
500? 88 & 38 all the way!
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I dropped my Sonoma 3 inches with 2 inch spindles and 1 inch coils. When my wheels are turned to full turn, the steering stop on the frame hits a little knuckle above the steering stop on the spindle, and the wheels are uneven. Is the steering stop supposed to hit this knuckle or the flat part of the stop?

Will trimming down the stop on the frame of the truck fix it?

Any help would be great, thanks. -Jamie

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had it aligned right away, it drives fine. But when at full turn, the wheels don't point the same way.

The steering stop on the frame hits the knuckle on the new spindle before it gets to the flat stop of the spindle.

Would trimming down the steering stops on the truck so the hit the flat stop on the spindle and not the knuckle fix it?

I've never heard of this problem, so I'm not sure. Thanks -Jamie

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about

yes I had to trim the steering stop on the control arm....the spindle set lower than the steeing stop so the spindle hit the stop with the little pointy part instead of hitting flush....just grind hte steering stop a little....get a little more turning and a more solid stop.....

·
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I thought that was the problem. I'll trim it down sometime. Thanks again, Jamie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts