S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Street Spec Kustoms
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was wondering what i should do with my steering shaft through the firewall. i body dropped my cab 4.5 in and it has a v8 with headers. what do i do about the shaft goin through the headers and it lining back up where it was, if i could see pics of some firewalls too , inside and out, that would be appreciated.
thanx

·
Registered
102 Posts
i dont have pics yet but i bought sonme u joints and some shafts from the junk yard with u joints on either end and was just going to replace the straight w/ the joints. the one shaft i got was from an LS1 camaro. seems to me its gonna work pretty good. i got one from an astro van.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
that setup will need a support bushing on the middle shaft, its just sitting ont he header there.

on mine i just moved it up 1" or so, then used a u-joint from a ford truck column, its about the same size and doesnt coast $60+ each!

·
Air ride equipped
453 Posts
So V896... I need to know what to do about moving mine on my SFBD blazer... I'm going to the pinch which is like 4" or so. I just need to put a U-joint in the steering column under the dash to keep it like stock when the body comes down? Where would I find one of those joints.. and why do you move the steering column up? I don't have a tilt and I don't want to get one because it's more money and I don't like that function. You guys are saying that I just move the steering shaft down and put a U-joint in there, I would have to cut the steering shaft to put it in though right??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts