S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope got in correct section.

Got a few inches of snow last night and went to play. Went to work and got to the lot first. I was doing donuts to the left and did about 8 and the steering locked up. Feels like it is a old car that has no power steering. I sprayed everything off and removed all the ice and see nothing. Did I blow out my Power steering pump? Any suggestions or knowledge would be great. There is flud in the resivore. Please help.Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I know you said there is fluid in the resevoir but make sure there is enough also make sure nothing is binding up the Pitman and Idler arms.

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer Quoted me over phone $250 for replacing the pump $150 labor and $100 for a remanufactured pump. Went to Auto Zone and got one for $30 bucks and $10 core and put $40 to loan a tool. Took me 6 hours to do, due to tight spots and stripped the shaft of the new pump. But I got it to take a bolt and works great. Got back $50 of the $80 spent and saved $220. Thanks for the replies. The steering is better than I ever remember it. Wheel turn easily while parked. Can't remember it ever doing that. Next time I bet I could do in 2 hours. First time is always about 4 times longer than it should take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts