S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I got my cab fully cut out I noticed that the front only dropped like 2", so I looked everywhere that cuts were made, and nothing was holding it on, so I figure maybe its the steering column thats holding it up. What can I do about this, and has this happened to anyone else?????

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Dont you have to "bore out" the hole in the firewall for the steering column? That's what I thought..... Maybe it's just on big body drops, like 5" on Blazers, etc...

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Your steering column should have been taken out in the first place, it is going to be kind of tough to get it to fit back in all the way when you put it back in because of the new angle. But it is probably the body mounts catching on the front of the cab.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol it was just the mounts, I just pushed one side up and the other side dropped, and then I lowered it back down and pulled on the other side of the mount and it dropped the rest of the way.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont have a camera anymore...

But turns out I do have a prob with the steering shaft thing, because of the angle its kinda weird steering it, so is there any way I can change that?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is there an easier way? I noticed that POS-10 just drilled his holes lower on the column and moved it up...

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Yes but then you have to worry about clearence on your dash board for your steering column.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I did a 3.5 body drop on my 91 S-10 and i have no problems with steering shaft. I used the factory one with no mods. I can send you pics if it would help you any.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont have tilt, but I have one of those tiny ass steering wheels, I'm gonna get tilt whenever I get $$, but it should be ok without it right??

·
Registered
65 Posts
my column had been shortened 2" and a Mazda steering knuckle has been added for clearance.......that may help.

but yes....as mentioned, it should have been taken out before the BD.

Also, my driver's side upper control arm has been notched for the steering.......you may have to do that as well....this is with all stock front control arms.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah I have my steering column out now, when you say shortened where exactly was it shortened??? I plan on notching my control arm as well, when I finish some other crap tonight I'll take it off and get to slicing and dicing....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts