S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PIMPIN HARD IN KC
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to put a cowl hood on my 97 dyme and i am not sure if i should go steel or fiberglass? i really like cervinis cowl hood cause it has a 3" rise but i dont know if it is worth the exrta money. i can get a steel one with a 2 1/4" rise for $380. wondering what you guys think or what suggestions you might have. THANX:headbang:

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
fiber glass is way lighter than steel but its always good to go with good ol american steel....its american rite?

·
Registered
189 Posts
just like veryone else says, go with steel, fiberglass just doesnt seem to fit right, u will have to do more work to a fiberglass hood out of the box then a steel one

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
layinemlow said:
go with whats cheaper.. whats so popular bout fiberglass anyway? easier to paint?
Go with the steel hood. Fiberglass hood suck. And no they are not easier to paint. You usually got to spend a couple hours on filling pinholes and imperfections.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
10 out of 10 minitruckers recommend steel... ;) Hmm, I think your answer is obvious... Yes, fiberglass is lighter, but you won't notice the difference unless you're dragging it every weekend... And, if you were to do that, you would prolly scrap your custom interior to save more weight than you'd save with a fiber hood... Unless you could find a carbon fiber hood, I'd forget the idea...

(my vote = steel)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts