S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 98 2.2 5 speed short bed that needs mostly body work but drives fine other than the power steering pump makes some noise and i seen some fluid on the frame some im thinking it needs a line...... 102000 miles on the odometer....

my plans are to do the body work clean the interior because its a mess, do a 4/4 drop .2 inch drop spindles and 2 inch springs up front 4 inch blocks in back.a decent sound system, crager soft 8's, soft cover for the bed. a nice grille. cowl hood. paint and deatail the engine bay......shave everything..... nothing too extreme so i can still haul my dirtbike

heres a few pics of the day i got it.

By null at 2010-11-23

By null at 2010-11-23

By null at 2010-11-23

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i put on a set of xtreme wheels i had laying around .... the swirls will be going to a new home.. the cragers i have are in my basement till summer...pics.

By null at 2010-11-25

By null at 2010-11-25

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice find man looks like a good start.
I'm also jealous of your wheels.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice find man looks like a good start.
I'm also jealous of your wheels.
i just had them laying around so i put them on for winter because i dont want to mark up my soft 8's if i have to drive it anywere this winter..

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
these are just temporary until i get the factories cleaned up they got some kind of over spray on them .. i was thinking about candy red on the clears or nite shades on them . they were cheap when i bought them. other than not not looking that great when you have the reverse lights on they light up everything.

on a side note i filled the power steering pump with fluid and it seems to be not making noise anymore. i put a few miles on it yesterday and everything seems to operate good.

·
sick & twisted
1,385 Posts
damn, i threw a set of shaved doors out for a 94+ s10 at the beginning of summer that were in damn near perfect shape. only downfall i shaved the mirrors.lol and thats a big no no in pa. :nono: trust me, i found out the expensive way :tup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
damn , i wish i had them. lol
what is up with PA people just completely trashing their trucks? im cleaning the interior and its like they just open the door and let it sit in a dust and mud storm.... its driving me mad! lol

·
sick & twisted
1,385 Posts
i dunno. people are strange around these parts...lol i was kinda glad mine came from down south in like 2006 it was brought up here, so it didnt suffer too much salt/ash damage. thank god. lol

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
any idea what color my truck is? i know the bed is flat black but the code is missing and i just dont know what to call it other than tan but i dont see tan listed in the 98 paint code in the exterior sticky...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
17 Participants
deadman
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing